• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rampage Study

scaremonger

Well i received my first shippmet for the Rampage today. :D http://i650.photobucket.com/albums/uu229/SCAREMONGER_2009/Redcat%20Rampage/IMG_0942.jpg I would like to install the parts that upgrade the performance in segments. I will record with a camera and a gps for speed changes and so forth. Im entering into a project that i have no idea where to start or what to you. If any one has any suggestions or request (that i can handle) i would like to hear them.

Deluge

Here's what you need:

Doc Brown

Marty McFly

DeLorean

Pizza

Playboy

That'll gain you 1.5 HP, 2 if in a lightning storm.

Seriously, it's the same with any RC. Gearing, motor and pipe.

Last edited by a moderator:

rob64n

Contributor
to your mix there add an outerwears screen for that filter, and get a copper head gasket,that will save you in the long run, a few of us have blown out the paper one on the head

scaremonger

I get but i had to read it a couple of times. thats serious jumb back to the future.

Deluge said:
Here's what you need:
Doc Brown

Marty McFly

DeLorean

Pizza

fastlane

Team Driver
#1 DO NOT run that filter in dusty situations get a HPI air filter. #2 Sprint77 modified pipe of choice because IMO the side dom is a pain in the a$$. #3 Servos, you need HiTech 615 throttle/brake and a HiTech 5746 steering servo. #4 Vent your gas cap. #5 PB 3rd channel kill switch to keep your investment from becoming scrap. Then get a bad a$$ OBR engine.

fastlane

Team Driver
BTW I ran my stock 2 bolt and finally spent the money and bought a 4 bolt Zenoah from OBR and it has a paper gasket and no issues. The 2 bolts need to be torqued @ no more than 61 inch pounds of torque. I will give you my copper .020 copper gasket if you pay shipping. I sealed my 2 bolt with copper gasket spray as well. Locktite 518 on the intake gaskets also.

fastlane

Team Driver
Deluge said:
Here's what you need:
Doc Brown

Marty McFly

DeLorean

Pizza

seriously it's more than that my friend.

Ron E

Contributor

Obeast44

Banned

scaremonger

Well I do more off road than on road. Does that mean i need a new air filter. Can i do something to this new one. Im pissed.

Ron E

Contributor
scaremonger said:
Well I do more off road than on road. Does that mean i need a new air filter. Can i do something to this new one. Im pissed.
you can use a outerwears cover but really you should not run that filter, the hpi's not very much $ and will not let dirt in, your k&n style will... cut you loss and get the better filter.

here's my tt with the hpi and outerwears, no shreadstack though.

http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/showthread.php?t=3056

Ron E

Contributor
we'd hate to see ya waste a motor cause of a bad air filter... :D

you will need some foam air filter oil, like from a dirtbike shop... belray, maxima, pj1, a good tacky filter oil will keep the dirt on the outside where it belongs.

v555

scaremonger said:
Well i received my first shippmet for the Rampage today. :D http://i650.photobucket.com/albums/uu229/SCAREMONGER_2009/Redcat%20Rampage/IMG_0942.jpg I would like to install the parts that upgrade the performance in segments. I will record with a camera and a gps for speed changes and so forth. Im entering into a project that i have no idea where to start or what to you. If any one has any suggestions or request (that i can handle) i would like to hear them.
start with stock,then change the airfilter(its actually good you got this type of filter,because we will now how much more power is possible to get with free airflow.)then change the top end(what you got there 29cc?)and also put the stock filter back and test again/and then with new filter.

you don't got wrong filter its just not the best protection from the dust.(and its the dust what "kills" your engine much sooner than you like.)to use that filter in dusty situations you can add FG outer foamfilter.

scaremonger

now were talking. i like your idea. i sure wish the snow will go away.

v555 said:
start with stock,then change the airfilter(its actually good you got this type of filter,because we will now how much more power is possible to get with free airflow.)then change the top end(what you got there 29cc?)and also put the stock filter back and test again/and then with new filter.
you don't got wrong filter its just not the best protection from the dust.(and its the dust what "kills" your engine much sooner than you like.)to use that filter in dusty situations you can add FG outer foamfilter.

v555

v555 said:
i use this set-

http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.725/.f

+

http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.776/.f

+

http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.771/.f

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.