• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rampage On Road Pictures

Pete379

Has there been a price set for the on road yet? And when you say limited quanities, how many do you mean?

RedcatRacing

Advertiser
Vendor
The price will be set in about a week or so but MSRP should be about the same as the other Rampages.

We only have about a dozen coming in the first shipment. The factory was closing down for the Chinese New Year and was only able to build this many to ship with our last container.

More will be coming in about 60 days though.

Darin

IMADMAN

Using the FG type adapters is a smart move on Redcats part, Redcat may also want to consider offering a conversion kit to go rally or trophy truck.

kryptonite

i think they are coming out with a rally. im still undecided as wether i should get the on-road or the tt.. i was going to get a tt at the end of the month to go with my mt, but now this comes up. i cant swing 3 rigs in 2 months, thats crazy!! what should i do. get the limited edition on-road? or stick with the tt idea and wait till the weather breaks to really enjoy the on-road

IMADMAN

kryptonite said:
i think they are coming out with a rally. im still undecided as wether i should get the on-road or the tt.. i was going to get a tt at the end of the month to go with my mt, but now this comes up. i cant swing 3 rigs in 2 months, thats crazy!! what should i do. get the limited edition on-road? or stick with the tt idea and wait till the weather breaks to really enjoy the on-road
Time to dump your 2 onroads buddy! :D

kryptonite

IMADMAN said:
Time to dump your 2 onroads buddy! :D
THEY ARE ALL READY FOR SALE!!! IM THINKING BOUT SELLING MY SS TOO!! im gona have a hole possy of redcats. you want 2 5th scale on-roads? reall cheap..

IMADMAN

kryptonite said:
THEY ARE ALL READY FOR SALE!!! IM THINKING BOUT SELLING MY SS TOO!! im gona have a hole possy of redcats. you want 2 5th scale on-roads? reall cheap..
Naw, on road is dead here, If I do purchase one it would be a 1/4 scale Yankee.

I really have'nt had the time to run my MT yet, but it if it works as good as I am hoping I may part ways with my Racerunner.

deathrowtoll

Darin,

To make this car attractive enough to the On-Road community, it needs to have the standard FG square drive for the tires. This gives us racers the options we need to make this car competitive against the MCD's. I have been running a modified Rampage buggy against the MCDs and have been quite successfull blowing them out of the water with a car that costs a third of the MCD cost. Originally they laughed at the odd shape the buggy had with the FG tires, but after a few races were won by the Rampage, now their main complaint is that the modded Rampage is too wide due to me having to use Square drive adapters to be able to use the FG tires. These adapters make my buggy one and a half inches too wide, which gives me a little bit of an advantage, but in reality the advantage is on the easeness of setup and awesome handling the buggy gets with the right tires. Now that you have a real road car it should be quite dominant. The next must-have thing is a roll cage, even only having the plastic cage from the buggy should protect the spark plug/motor head sufficiently, thanks for the new car.

DRT.

IMADMAN

deathrowtoll said:
Darin,
To make this car attractive enough to the On-Road community, it needs to have the standard FG square drive for the tires. This gives us racers the options we need to make this car competitive against the MCD's. I have been running a modified Rampage buggy against the MCDs and have been quite successfull blowing them out of the water with a car that costs a third of the MCD cost. Originally they laughed at the odd shape the buggy had with the FG tires, but after a few races were won by the Rampage, now their main complaint is that the modded Rampage is too wide due to me having to use Square drive adapters to be able to use the FG tires. These adapters make my buggy one and a half inches too wide, which gives me a little bit of an advantage, but in reality the advantage is on the easeness of setup and awesome handling the buggy gets with the right tires. Now that you have a real road car it should be quite dominant. The next must-have thing is a roll cage, even only having the plastic cage from the buggy should protect the spark plug/motor head sufficiently, thanks for the new car.

DRT.
Darin,

Has already stated that he's pretty sure the drive axle IS the FG type square. Again, this is a good move on Redcats part, seeing that more than likely a 4WD Redcat onroad will still cost less than a FG 2WD and the parts support has been great so far.

RedcatRacing

Advertiser
Vendor
Thanks guys. I will confirm the size of the square hubs next week but really want to wait to get the production model in stock before I commit to it since the sample is just that... a sample from a few months ago.We are excited about all the 1/5's this year. Things have picked up a lot in the last few months even in this crazy economy. I think it took some time for people like you guys to get one, figure out the what needs to be worked on or changed to make it viable in the large scale arena. As more and more people get them and compare them to other more expensive large scalers it only brings even more new people into agreeing that for the price the Redcat is solid and a great buy.So this year, other than the On Road, we will do a trophy truck pictured below (pic quality sucks as from cell phone camera) and will figure out the best way to either offer a roller or a kit. The trophy truck will be mid summer before they are here, but they are basically a TT, with different wheels, tires, bumpers and body. This is just a sample and is not showing the front bumper. No pictures without body yet. Darin

IMG_0159.jpg

IMG_0160.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg

/monthly_2009_02/IMG_0159.jpg.1d1dbeb4323c8d140cdd278b4cc5ad54.jpg

/monthly_2009_02/IMG_0160.jpg.6d37c74606e434ead8d718ec2dc29143.jpg

/monthly_2009_02/IMG_0161.jpg.6e709c9bb674eacf0976da7f91750e59.jpg

IMADMAN

RedcatRacing said:
Thanks guys.
I will confirm the size of the square hubs next week but really want to wait to get the production model in stock before I commit to it since the sample is just that... a sample from a few months ago.

We are excited about all the 1/5's this year. Things have picked up a lot in the last few months even in this crazy economy. I think it took some time for people like you guys to get one, figure out the what needs to be worked on or changed to make it viable in the large scale arena.

As more and more people get them and compare them to other more expensive large scalers it only brings even more new people into agreeing that for the price the Redcat is solid and a great buy.

So this year, other than the On Road, we will do a trophy truck pictured below (pic quality sucks as from cell phone camera) and will figure out the best way to either offer a roller or a kit.

The trophy truck will be mid summer before they are here, but they are basically a TT, with different wheels, tires, bumpers and body. This is just a sample and is not showing the front bumper. No pictures without body yet.

Darin
Darin,

As for the body, is it a thicker material than the current bodies?

I personally would offer the Trophy truck as both an RTR and a roller/kit.

1st. time buyers would like the RTR if they are looking for a Truck style. The roller/kit would appeal to me or Rampage owners, since most of us have an extra engine and radio gear.

prostock

Darin,

Thanks for the update, I am on board for the on road! The 2010 race season will see the Redcat on road in competition for sure.

BRC

Bryan 70546

I hope they scale the body up more for the trophey truck it looks kind of strange. But the onroad looks great .Hey Darin where is that new TT body we keep hearing about. And how about the duel servoes steering setup.

kryptonite

Bryan 70546 said:
I hope they scale the body up more for the trophey truck it looks kind of strange. But the onroad looks great .Hey Darin where is that new TT body we keep hearing about. And how about the duel servoes steering setup.
ya know, im not a big fan of any of their bodies. keeping with redcaqts "oddly" shaped body greatly helps with the price. i thonk we are on our own for the bodies. and have you seen any of the DIY stearing set-ups. i think its pretty basic. and i also think they should stick to making just the single servo set-up. i guess it would be nice if it was an option.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts