Rampage MT Rolling issues

pfrederi1

Hello All. Im not sure if anyone else experiencs this with their MT but i have ton a power but the truck seems to struggle to apply the power to the ground or should i say i struggles like it has a lot of rolling resistance. When i hit the throttle it gets up and go but if i let off it rolls freely but you can telll the wheels are wobbling and those big tires are like causing a big drag. Im wondering oif theres a way to true up the alignment and not make the wheels wobble so much so that it runs smoother. Again i know its a monster truck but i know this can be improved.

I notice the front wheels wobble a lot and ive tried adjusting te linkage but doidnt really do much. Is there a way for the front steering linkage to be stiffer to keep the truck running true and not have the wheels wobble so much. Im planning on installing another steeriing servo (D845) so that two servos might help keep her steady. Any input??

Any help would be appreciated.

V8srfun

Where is the wobble coming from is it in the linkage or possibly the wheel bearings. Lightly shake the front end down and watch the components. You should be able to easily isolate the problem and replace part or parts as necessary. Just remember that these trucks are supposed to be a little loose and there will always be some play in the steering and suspension components.

pfrederi1

Thanks V8srfun
Most of the play is in the steering linkage which Ive replaced already. I plan to put in another hitec 845 servo to have two servos in there (like impalassman did) maybe that will help keep it a bit more steady. But then that still leaves the wheels which do have a lil wobble in them as well, but i realize its a monster truck and not a ferrari. I guess ill see maybe about changing out the wheels as well.

V8srfun

I have some wobble in the wheel bearings that I am going to try to fix with better bearings in the future. But it is not bad enough at this time for me to want to spend money on bearings that may or may not change anything.

Members online

Latest posts