• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rampage Mt In A Real Mudd Bog Contest!

Redcat2

Guys I had a cool idea. In 3 weeks they start a season down the road of A local 4x4 club that holds mud bogs at the local fire department. Real trucks not RC..

Anyways, They have some really nice truck that enter the bi-weekly event and usually have 20-30 trucks and I am going to head up there and see if they will let me run my MT in the 100ft long mudd pit. ITS SLOPPY but I think I will do fine.

Anyone think its crazy? If they let me do it, then I want to see if they will let me pay the entry fee and compete with the real trucks. 12-20 sec run times from what I can remember. I think the MT can do it in 9-12 from the 40ft take off.

Any ideas for a 28.5cc / TGn sidepipe running stock MT Tires? Wondering if I could get me a new set of tires for a deal so I can run new ones. So, if You have a deal on some MT's (I have new rims) shoot me a PM.

The video will be awsome. Wanna put 2 camera's on the run. 1 in the truck and 1 on the line of FLIGHT! :D

Restomod

May do it if.......IF you can keep it on top!! The stock tires should work good in the mud.

Redcat2

I think as fast as my 28.8 is with the TGN pipe IT SHOULD

Glide across the top.(hopefully) :D

Southern Indiana, close to Louisville, Ky.

badd_maxx25

make sure your servos and rx are as water proof has you can, something i do to help with the servos is i buy plasti-dip in a spray can and spray 3-5 layers on it and put o-rings on the outbut shaft with grease

Redcat2

Thanks for the tip

Never though of the O rings;)

I will take a video when it happens. :) :D

Steve

OY YEAH, GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fastlane

Team Driver
Hey why not make a snorkel out of abs pipe for the air filter? That's how they do it around here with 1.1's. I was thinking 2" and face the inlet to the rear.

hamster huey

Something a lot of us do with chevron tires on Maxxes is switch the chevron "V" to point backwards instead of forwards. It makes the forward bite more like a paddle or scoop. I think on the Ramp you can swap L and R sides but if not you can take the tires off the rim and face them the other way.

Redcat2

Thanks guys!

I was thinking of doing a 3" stack alreay. I figure with the 2" I would not get a full backdraft from the pipe facing the rear. So, I will try and run it a few times on a some high speed bursts to try it out.

All help is welcomed and appreciated! Any more idea's I would be happy to hear them.

Steve

scaremonger

I was thinking that if you cut out every other stack on the Rampage MT tires, that you would get a something like paddle tires. Is this a good idea?

hardcore

not gonna happen, i race in the mud and unless its smooth you will be upside down the first 44 in. bogger track you come to,

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online