• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rampage mt differential fluid?

daredevils

Anyone knows what weight diff fluid to use for front and back? i'm planing a rebuild of the differential...thanks

daredevils

isn't 4k or 6k too thin of silicone? i heard some people using 100 000 wt silicone and up....

G-Man

Anyone knows what weight diff fluid to use for front and back? i'm planing a rebuild of the differential...thanks
So what weight did you end up going with? How much did you add? Fill how? I just replaced my pinion and crown gears. I am guessing I add enough fluid to just touch the four diff side gears then bolt the crown gear to the other half.The fluid that was in there was very thick like molasses, and not much in there either.

daredevils

So what weight did you end up going with? How much did you add? Fill how? I just replaced my pinion and crown gears. I am guessing I add enough fluid to just touch the four diff side gears then bolt the crown gear to the other half.The fluid that was in there was very thick like molasses, and not much in there either.
I ended going with 7000cst weight oil, that's what was available at the time, i fill up almost to the top of the 4 spider gear...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.