• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rampage Aluminum

yolonda21

Contributor
We all know the the plastic parts on the Rampage are weak point, so alot of us are upgrading to aluminum. Has anyone had any problems with the aluminum arms, or steering hubs ? Do they bend or break at all? Are they really an upgrade or are they just bling?

jigawatt

I think a better question is... what parts are worth upgrading?

Which stock parts tend to be the weak spots of the rampage?

kryptonite

yolonda21 said:
We all know the the plastic parts on the Rampage are weak point, so alot of us are upgrading to aluminum. Has anyone had any problems with the aluminum arms, or steering hubs ? Do they bend or break at all? Are they really an upgrade or are they just bling?
its well worth it. i smacked a 2" galvinized pipe going full thottle down hill with no damage. bent the pin a little and wedged the drive shaft but no damage. just some pretty good scratches. i am not going with uppers yet. alot of folks will say that you might break something else, wich could be true. but it has to be an incredibly large hit that will surely do damage regaurdless. i am worried about bending them couse they arent cheap. but if they didnt bend on that last hit they will be just fine. the only down fall is they don't have inserts like my fg's. so when the metal wears away yo will get some sloppy play. not sure how long that will take but i just keep them clean.. it does have a BLING factor.. looks sweet when in the air and the color isnt that bad.. rampage hop ups 002.jpg

/monthly_2009_02/583c6055b3bc1_rampagehopups002.jpg.2343ab559e9d8c481ce9c2e7e8a57852.jpg

kryptonite

here is a better one with ds boots..LOL..

todays pics 011.jpg

/monthly_2009_02/583c6055b55ee_todayspics011.jpg.281e95fc209a51675e09266e820e8acf.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts