• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Rampage 32cc compression

designed2survive

GCraig said:
Ice_2k I've been working with 2 cycle engines for a couple of years now. I know what I'm talking about.
A couple of years... Ok.

This is one of those threads that I love. You guys have way too much patience! Oh boy do you guys really want to help! The language, tone and attitude alone is enough for me. lol! :D

I know I'm going to get fried for this but what the heck? You want help? Then be humble!

Out!

Last edited by a moderator:

turkeywrench

The manual that came with the truck says 20:1 for first 4 hrs of break in the 32:1 for another 4 hrs. I've tried 20:1 then 25:1 but that isn't the problem. I contacted DDM yesterday. He sells Zenoah engines etc. He says, these engines will not even pop or attempt to start without a minimum of 95-100 psi of compression. I'm in the ballpark of 60 psi. A brand new engine with low compression. We can basically chalk it up to it being a dud from the factory. The new piston & ring will be here this week so we'll see how that turns out. I've already got the cylinder off & it's in great shape so no worries there. I'll keep you posted.

RampageHopUps

The ring might be stuck in the groove of the piston. I would spread some oil around the ring and see if that helps.

turkeywrench

The ring was loose to begin with. The upper & lower side of the ring on the exhaust side had very small chips missing off it. The cylinder is smooth w/ no gouging of any kind. The piston has fine scratches.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts