• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Radio range

Ludabud

My radio doesn't seem to reach far at all now. It had great distance before and the next day no. Open area maybe 20 feet and in the garage 10ft or so and I can even cover up my transmitters antenna and it goes out even closer. Batteries are all good. Connects in battery box are all good as well.

Cca

Ludabud said:
Its something with the transmitter. I can put it behind my back and cover the antenna and it activates the kill switch.
I would still look at what was mentioned above on the antenna wire in the rx. Also did you try to re bind them again. I know you said your battery were new but try another set just to eliminate it for sure?

Ildy666

PrjctStrtFrce said:
What should the approximate range be anyways? About 50+ yards each way with the stock tx/rx?
At least that.the stock radios have good range not a lot of features but range is always good...

G

It is ok if it goes to solid green.

Do you have the antenna wire pulled up through the tube?

Last edited:

Silent_chaos

Ludabud said:
What would be a good radio to get at a good price? I have the stock three channel receiver in the truck. What do to mean by tier and how would I tell the difference?
Good tier means known brands that are widely used both by racers and everyday bashers. You have the following known brands:

-Futaba

-Sanwa Airtronics

-Spektrum

-KO Propo

what is your budget?

Silent_chaos

I suggest the following:

http://www.amain.com/product_info.php/cPath/61_119/products_id/276170/n/Spektrum-DX4S-4-Channel-DSMR-Radio-System-w-SR410-SRS4210-AVC-Receivers

this is spektrum 4channel, it has AVC, the technology that the new Losi cars are also using. This can be a very good investment. you can benefit from it as well. Trust me, this can be VERY helpful. you won't have to adjust the trim every time you run into something or do a long jump, specially if you are running on a bumpy road

the other Radio is Airtronics:

http://www.amain.com/product_info.php/cPath/61_119/products_id/198446/n/Airtronics-MT-4-SSR-24-GHz-Radio-System-w-RX-461-FH4T-4-Channel-Receiver

this is a very well designed 4 channel radio as well. fast, reliable and widely used by many

you can never go wrong with either.

i'd suggest the DX4S-4 just for the AVC technology

Deluge

The DX4S is backward compatible, as well. So you can use the $10 OrangeRX DSM2 receivers from HobbyKing, if you ever need to expand.

Silent_chaos

Deluge said:
The DX4S is backward compatible, as well. So you can use the $10 OrangeRX DSM2 receivers from HobbyKing, if you ever need to expand.
but those receivers do not have the AVC like the SRS4210 AVC Receivers

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts