• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Radio Glitch or Low Battery?

DanSpd

ok so I have traxxas 2.4 receiver and transmitter. I use those for my rampage. today I noticed a problem. throttle started to glitch after small front hit. But after some time not only throttle but radio started to glitch, either unresponsive or over 1 sec latency.

At first I replaced battery on rampage which was charged for about 20 hours with 250 charger. Didn't help so I changed batteries in transmitter. No luck still.

Throttle servo is some hitec metal gear one. I will try to record a video but all it does is goes full throttle or brakes randomly.

I think I might wanna change radio to spektrum or futaba, but hopefully i don't.

racetruck

Futaba or it my be a run away big time i've had two so far with spektrum robn64 has had one burn up servos, short range and so on :eek:

lvh

You could also run the MX-Sport 3 Ch 2.4G FHSS-2, it goes for around 100.00 bucks. Thats what i run and no problems so far had it for about a year.

DanSpd

Well if it comes to upgrading radio then I would stick to good and popular brands and spend maybe even a bit more. But still get good quality radio

csp1971

Contributor
Stay away from Spektrum. I was using it in my Rampage and Baja for about 3 years. I finally had some serious glitching problems and went with a Futaba 3pm in both. With my Spektrum, setting up the killerbee killswitch was a pain in the butt. With Futaba, plug it into the receiver, it works without adjustment.

I haven't read any issues anywhere with Airtronics, so I would say that's a safe one to go with as well.

DanSpd

I got my eye on airtronics mx-3x

question about cheaper airtronics, does it show voltage or what is up with 12.0v on display?

Last edited by a moderator:

Deluge

csp1971 said:
Stay away from Spektrum. I was using it in my Rampage and Baja for about 3 years. I finally had some serious glitching problems and went with a Futaba 3pm in both. With my Spektrum, setting up the killerbee killswitch was a pain in the butt. With Futaba, plug it into the receiver, it works without adjustment.
I haven't read any issues anywhere with Airtronics, so I would say that's a safe one to go with as well.
They now make a Killerbee specifically for the Spektrum systems. So that's not an issue anymore.

DanSpd

Today is the day I buy my new radio system. And I was wondering what's the normal latency? On youtube review some say that around 6ms is awesome and such. But in real world is it same as advertised or worse?

Again, I can't say much cause on my radio latency is like 500ms and you can actually see the delay.

Also I have read or seen a post about some servos (non digital I beleive) not working well with newer radio systems. Any info on that?

As always thanks :)

csp1971

Contributor
Deluge said:
They now make a Killerbee specifically for the Spektrum systems. So that's not an issue anymore.
Cool, 50% of the problem is fixed. Now if someone would fix Spektrums! :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts