• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Question concerning the gas in my tank?

Yannik

Hi guys!

It has been like 7 to 8 months I haven't used my Redcat Rampage Truck so I was wondering if the gas mix in my tank has gone bad??

Thanks in advance,

Yannik :D

Yannik

BertR said:
I would dump it....I never run gas that has sat for more than 3 months just to be on the safe side.
Thank You BertR! I was thinking the same but I just wanted to make sure, I guess I better be safe than sorry!! :)

I remember that when I parked my Redcat Rampage Truck I had just cleaned and oiled my air filter thinking I would used it again but it got stored instead for more than 6 months so do You think I should re-oil my air filter again??

Thanks a lot bro for the help earlier, I truly appreciated!!

Yannik :D Shalom from Canada!! ;)

krashkrieg

Contributor
If ya don't have a souped up engine, don't sweat it...

I let my MT sit for almost a year and it fired right up with 3 pulls, ran like I never put it away...

I never drain my lawn equip and it never has an issue...

Phill

krashkrieg said:
If ya don't have a souped up engine, don't sweat it...I let my MT sit for almost a year and it fired right up with 3 pulls, ran like I never put it away...

Thats what I was thinking.

My weed whacker fuel is so old I don't remember when I last filled the can and it still runs great

feelathome77

Give it a yank

Yannik said:
Hi guys!It has been like 7 to 8 months I haven't used my Redcat Rampage Truck so I was wondering if the gas mix in my tank has gone bad??

Thanks in advance,

Yannik :D
Well I never had a problem with my equipment like my RC, lawnmower, generator and snow blower, give it a yank and if it goes . . . enjoy it. :p

REVOlutionary Rampage

krashkrieg said:
If ya don't have a souped up engine, don't sweat it...I let my MT sit for almost a year and it fired right up with 3 pulls, ran like I never put it away...

Ditto, no problems here as well, even in the winter.

BertR

I use all the older fuel in my dirt bike with no problems even in the winter it will fire on 2 kick..But he posted so there was uncertainty so I say when in doubt dump it out..It's such a small amount of gas! Not saying older gas is no good these things will burn anything.

Ildy666

U said second kick.u must have a man's bike...no electric start...

I love having kick start as long as ur foot's not broken u have a starter...lol...

But I got to say my friends crf470 is bear to start.but it always starts.

Phill

Ildy666 said:
U said second kick.u must have a man's bike...no electric start...I love having kick start as long as ur foot's not broken u have a starter...lol...

But I got to say my friends crf470 is bear to start.but it always starts.
I'd class my ZX 11 as a man's bike but I'd hate to try and kick it (if it had one!)

topblissgt

take it from an engineer(automotive Engineer). Gas does indeed go bad. The most highly volatile components in gasoline tend to evaporate over time. As they do, the remaining fuel's volatility and ability to combust properly degrades. The less volatile the fuel, the less effectively it burns in your engine. The result is diminished engine performance. Your engine may still start and run, but it probably won't run as well. Hydrocarbons in the gas react with oxygen to produce new compounds that eventually change the chemical composition of the fuel. This leads to gum and varnish deposits in the fuel system.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts