• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Question about aluminum hop ups for XB

sirmonte

Just been out bashing the hell out of my XB and broke some suspension parts. Is it better to get the stock plastic or upgrade to aluminum? I was thinking to replace everything I can to aluminum but not sure if it is worth it. I only bash this thing. No racing yet because where I live (Detroit,MI) the 1/5 scale has not alot of attention yet. I have been making a list of all the parts I can upgrade to aluminum but most of them say for XT. Are the XB and XT parts the same?

Deluge

Personally, I'd stick with the plastic parts. They're cheaper to replace and if you're a basher, you need that flex in the suspension. And yes, the XB and the XT share parts.

Cajun

just a side note I would defintley replace the hubs and bearing with the aluminum ones, and the steering servo saver other than that whats the point unless you just want to go all out, agrees with the flexing part some plastic is a good thing. Don't replace unless it breaks is my moto

G

+1 on the hubs(bearing holders)

The aluminum helps dissapait heat. The plastic insulates and holds the heat in.

cordy

Yes stay with the plastic.Aluminum bends and stays that way.Your wallet will be a lot happier with plastic,and its lighter if you race.Having a heavy platform will cause more parts to break.

G

I run the 7075 RC aluminum bearing holders fronts and rears on my XB. They use a larger bearings. The factory wheel bearings are on the small side and will eventually fail. Here is what they look like. I use a combo of aluminum and plastic.

-

4945b0f8.jpg

sirmonte

RCDAD said:
I run the 7075 RC aluminum bearing holders fronts and rears on my XB. They use a larger bearings. The factory wheel bearings are on the small side and will eventually fail. Here is what they look like. I use a combo of aluminum and plastic. -

4945b0f8.jpg
Dang! That looks wicked. Anymore pics of that rc and what kind of shocks are those? Looks like that would hold up to any bashing. That thing must be fun to bash.

G

Dang! That looks wicked. Anymore pics of that rc and what kind of shocks are those? Looks like that would hold up to any bashing. That thing must be fun to bash.
Thanks. We manage to draw a crowd when ever we run them at the park.

Those are the MT piggyback shocks.

You can check out my albums. Lots of pics. http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/album.php?u=1565

Last edited:

sirmonte

RCDAD said:
Thanks. We manage to draw a crowd when ever we run them at the park. Those are the MT piggyback shocks.

You can check out my albums. Lots of pics. http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/album.php?u=1565
Thanks for the info on the shocks. Those are some very cool pics of your rc's. I really need to get those hubs. Good thing they will be here soon. Yesterday while bashing around with my son the mounting screw for the hub pull out along with the coil in the platic. I almost lost the driver side suspension. The axle got stuck in the lower arm and was still trying to spin. all because of the darn screw. Time for it to go on the work bench for a bit while I wait for parts.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts