• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Proper engine break in

GoffeeRedCat

So I'm about to get my XT soon( hopefully it gets delivered this week) !! I just purchased some 2cycle oil! My question is what is a good and safe mixture? And also when I'm breaking in the engine should I wait till the engine cools down before my next tank?? And last question after all said and done has anybody used the royal purple 2cycle oil?? And is it any good??

cordy

OK 25:1= 5.12OZ OF two cycle oil non synthetic, so the ring will seat faster, for two tanks.Then read the manual and you can go down to 30:1=3.02oz of oil however I would stay at 4oz of oil after break in no less.don't hamer it just drive it around with the body off.Yes let it cool off between tanks.After two tanks you can blip the throttle but don't go nuts.Enjoy and have fun!

Deluge

Run a 25:1 mix. When you first start it up, do some warm up laps and then give it hell. You don't have to let it cool down between tanks. I've never used Royal Purple oil, but I've heard good things.

GoffeeRedCat

Sweet I can't wait!!! Hopefully my xt comes in this week!! I'm kinda scared though because I haven't heard from RCN hobbies yet! I asked for a tracking number yesterday and I haven't even gotten an acknowledgement that they will send me one!! The only email I've gotten from them is that they have taken my money!! Lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online