• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Proline TT

kun114

mooman007uk said:
so does the body fit over the tumour or did you have to cut it?
I had already trimmed an inch or so off the bottom edges when I trimmed the wheel wells,so It almost sits on the pipe. The bottom edge bows out a little. I added some foil tape to the inside to keep it from melting.

kdfi

beachthrottle said:
i just ordered this body also Hope it fits with my jetpro on My Monster truck
Beach,

let us know how it looks, fits and how much trimming you had to do because of the pipe. I have the same one. Thanks man! :)

kdfi

what's the best way to prep a body so the paint will stick well? I have painted a couple, but the paint chips or starts cracking and can fall off in tiny chunks.

kryptonite

kdfi said:
what's the best way to prep a body so the paint will stick well? I have painted a couple, but the paint chips or starts cracking and can fall off in tiny chunks.
dish soap. don't USE WINDEX.and make sure your hands are super clean when masking off. do you do an overcoat? that will help but mainly the type of paints used are the best prevention.. i use fastcolor

kun114

More pictures were requested, so I'll put them here for everyone to see.

The question was "How much did I trim for the TGN pipe"

I stated earlier that I trimmed about an inch off both side and some from the wheel wells.

The body still hits the pipe. I'll just wait and see what happens.

SSCN4081.jpg

SSCN4082.jpg

SSCN4084.jpg

Sprint 77

Contributor
if you give your truck some chemotherapy and ixne the TGN and get a DOM you wouldn't have to trim your new body.

Just messing with you

It looks great Keep up with the mods

kun114

I'll stick with the pipe. Bodies come and go! I have both side and rear Doms (Although they are not modded for the redcat) I feel the sound and performance of the TGN is better, so I'll have to live with the body dilemma.

kun114

I used the Redcat mounts. I started with the TT, so I had to add the mounts to the front shock tower. Then I used the wing mount for the rear. You can use the stock rear mounts, but you'll have to cut them a little since they line up with an angled part of the body. I think using the wing mount is the best option, but the down fall is you can't use a rear MT bumper at the same time.

mooman007uk

Banned
my body arrived today, looks awesome...now to figure out a paint scheme. The rear mounts need a bit off modding to fit but the front will be fine. A little trimming front and rear arches and good to go. It'll need a silicon exhaust elbow on the 77 dom stinger to deflect exhaust away from the body.

DSC00272.jpg

DSC00271.jpg

chucked

badd maxx's body is gonna look sweet!!! I ordered one, but they are out of stock everywhere.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts