• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

PROLINE Desperado wheels

speedbaboon

does anyone know if they fit on the Rampage once you have Baja rear hex hubs on all corners?

Proline has 2 types of these wheels, they call it Desperado 5T conversion wheels and front Desperado wheels. Their descriptions don't really tell much the difference b/w these two

I've also checked from HBF that these wheels fit standard 5b tyres or the prolines ones for 5b

any input or idea from anyone will be greatly appreciated

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

speedbaboon

ok i'll help myself here ... custom street toyz just clarified that you'd need 5t conversion wheels to fit all 5b rear wheels but they didnt say if the wheels would fit well on the Rampage

kun114

These rims are the same as stock 5b rims. If you are going to use the Proline Excavator tires with them you need two sets of the rears. The fronts rims are for use with any standard 5b front tire. Also the Excavator tires are a larger diameter and are suppost to be wider than standard rear 5b tires.

I just got two sets of the rear rims in the mail today. They look pretty good. Just waiting on the Excavator tires to come now.

speedbaboon

kun114 said:
These rims are the same as stock 5b rims. If you are going to use the Proline Excavator tires with them you need two sets of the rears. The fronts rims are for use with any standard 5b front tire. Also the Excavator tires are a larger diameter and are suppost to be wider than standard rear 5b tires.
I just got two sets of the rear rims in the mail today. They look pretty good. Just waiting on the Excavator tires to come now.
Sweet.... can you please post some pics when they're on the Rampage??

kun114

Sorry bout that. I forgot about the offset.

According to proline they have a +.100" of offset for added stability.

I'm not sure if I'll use extenders with them or not yet.

speedbaboon

kun114 said:
Sorry bout that. I forgot about the offset.
According to proline they have a +.100" of offset for added stability.

I'm not sure if I'll use extenders with them or not yet.
+.100" offset means the wheels will stick out more, right?? so i assume it wont be a problem fitting on the truck as they won't rub in??

Pics with these wheels on would be great

speedbaboon

looking great there .... they have plenty of clearance on standard baja rear hex hub (the fronts on your car?), so the wheels are direct fit

at least there's an option if you want to fit baja wheels on rampage. i'm sick of the baja five-star design

kun114

Here's some pics of the tires and rims mounted. Tires are slightly larger than the stock TT tires.

SSCN4033.jpg

SSCN4034.jpg

SSCN4037.jpg

NitroBurn

I have these wheels and tires for my MT. I'm waiting for some Integy extended hubs so I can put them on my truck.

basher

those tires look mean but are they any as good material as the hostile tires.In the past on my 5b i have shredded proline badlands and others as though they were baloon material. i love the look let us know if they hold up thnks. sweet car dude.

mooman007uk

Banned
If you gonna buy adapters get 2 rear sets of the 8mm extended from vertigo, awesome quality and the pins are retained with super sized orings, I got a set to run 4 paddles..I was gonna get a set of the redcat buggy wheels for my mt but now the desperados and excavators are looking like the ones to have.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts