• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Problem while charging my battery? Any suggestions?

Deluge

You'll still have to adjust the trim, dude. I've never had a servo horn line up perfectly on the servo. They've always been a tooth or two off. But that method will get you in the ball park.

And just so we're clear, what do you mean by crooked?

Are the tires like this...

/---/

or like this...

\---/

The first one, fix it with the trim. The second one, fix it by adjusting the linkages.

Yannik

Deluge said:
You'll still have to adjust the trim, dude. I've never had a servo horn line up perfectly on the servo. They've always been a tooth or two off. But that method will get you in the ball park.And just so we're clear, what do you mean by crooked?

Are the tires like this...

/---/

or like this...

\---/

The first one, fix it with the trim. The second one, fix it by adjusting the linkages.
Hi,

Initially, one of my front tire was looking like this while the other one was quite straight.

\---|

I fixed the tire that wasn't aligned and I removed the servo horn(s) from the servo, lined up the front wheels so they were pointing straight then re-attached the servo horn. Now the 4 wheels are quite straight BUT I still hear the loud sound !!

About the Steering trim, I found where the button was on the radio and I read a bit about it in the user manual but to set it, I don't know what to do because on the display, it's already at 0. Should I change the number?

Also, I think I tried to unplugged the servo from a bunch of wires in order to see if it would still make the same noise when I would put both the receiver and transmitter switched On and it still made the noise but I'm not 100% sure it was the right one I unplugged. It's hard to fully explain but if you don't mind, I can show you (video clip) what I did so you can see and have a better idea ?

Now, I'm really not sure why it is still making this Loud sound? When I took removed the servo horn at first, the sound was way better but as soon as I re-attached it, the loud sound started again and it was jerking!! Would it be my radio?

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:

Deluge

Still sounds like the servos are fighting each other. If you can post a clip, that would be helpful. You can adjust the trim until the tires are perfectly straight. Very rarely does the trim stay at 0, you'll always have to adjust it somewhat.

Yannik

Deluge said:
Still sounds like the servos are fighting each other. If you can post a clip, that would be helpful. You can adjust the trim until the tires are perfectly straight. Very rarely does the trim stay at 0, you'll always have to adjust it somewhat.
Hey Deluge!Yes, it sounds like it! Althrough, it is a little better since I increased both the settings on the Transmitter called: Steering D/R Button & ATL Button Trim to 100. Unfortunately, it is still way to loud! Here's my Transmitter display where you can notice the two settings I've changed: View attachment 5299 I've made a cheesy short video clip in order to show you how the servo react/sound when I turn both the radio & receiver switch On. About the Steering trim, I just played quite a lot with the settings but the sound is still aweful! Here's the video clip:http://youtu.be/0_GOtU2RWtMThanks again! Photo of my Transmitter Display 1.jpg

Photo of my Transmitter Display 1.jpg

/monthly_2012_07/583c606469a29_PhotoofmyTransmitterDisplay1.jpg.88840bbce7b346a518375f0bb3a73a5f.jpg

Deluge

ATL is for the throttle servo. Basically it's like D/R (Dual rate) for the throttle channel. That sound you hear is basically the steering servos trying to return to their center position, but they're fighting each other to get there. So, you have to adjust the servo linkages a bit more.

Here's a vid that should clear things up...

[ame]

[/ame]

Yannik

Deluge said:
The linkage is the piece that connects the servo horn to the steering rack.Here's a pic...

2ryiwja.jpg

Just shorten or lengthen the linkage until the servos stop buzzing.
Hi,

You probably going to laugh but I'm still having problem with the steering alignment. First, I unscrewed both linkages from the steering rack and I've put both the receiver & transmitter On. At this time, I had to lengthen the linkage so much to reach it's position that it pop out and the thread were ripped. I never taught by just lengthen the linkage would break it, very frustrating!! :mad:

I watched the video clip, it helped me to understand even though it's a bit different on the rampage. I'm wondering how to loosen the small piece where the linkage is attached because just unscrewing the screws on top of the steering rack won't loosen that blue metal pieces. When I look at the one on the other side, they're not quite identical. Do you know if there are other videos on this setting for the rampage?? Or if it's possible to see a photo of your rampage linkages set up??

Thanks!! :D

Deluge

I know it's a pain, dude. Lol. That's why I switched to a single servo setup. Much less hassle. I know the vid is not Rampage specific, but it's the same process. And what "blue metal piece" are you referring to? Are you talking about the servo saver? If you could post a pic of the piece you're talking about, that'd help a ton.

Yannik

Hi Deluge,Like I said, I need to change the linkage part because i unscrewed it too much so it ripped the thread, very fragile part now it's missing lots thread! I ordered a new linkage part, what a pain!! Grrr. :eek: About the blue metal part, I was refering to the one that I'm touching in the first photo (below). View attachment 5330 The blue part above looks too much foreward (front) and I'm wondering if I should move it backward a bit and how to make the settings? I did unscrewed two screws on top (steering rack I think) but the blue part was still very tight. View attachment 5331 Here you can see on both 2nd & 3rd photos, the linkage that I lengthen too much!! View attachment 5332 I'll explain what I tried earlier,To have both servo in neutral position, I started first by unscrewing one linkage so when I turn On my transmitter & receiver, the servo will not fight each other but centered themselves instead and from that position, I will need either shorten or lengthen the linkage depending the new position it moved after I turned the power On. Was it the right way to do it? It feels to me that the linkage aren't long enough so I'm trying to find out what setting's wrong?Thanks, tyl.

PIC_0070.jpg

PIC_0071.jpg

PIC_0072.jpg

PIC_0070.jpg

PIC_0071.jpg

PIC_0072.jpg

/monthly_2012_07/PIC_0070.jpg.1e1d49b0fe42cc8d3ea621fefb88ff70.jpg

/monthly_2012_07/PIC_0071.jpg.70c6bf51c9a4cea2b2182589179af977.jpg

/monthly_2012_07/PIC_0072.jpg.5156a8d0e2a7806515ce55f799037821.jpg

Deluge

Yeah, that's the servo saver. You loosen that by loosening up the thumb nut that's on top of the spring. But you can't really straighten it by doing that. In the second pic it looks like you can move the servo horn forward a bit. In the third pic, you can see that the servo horn is at about the 11 o'clock position. You want to be at about 12 o'clock. That should help with your linkage issue.

This is what I'm talking about. The red line is no good. The green line is where the servo horn should be. If your other servo horn is like this, it needs to be straightened, as well. Once you get them straightened, you can adjust the linkages.

651q4m.jpg

Yannik

Awesommmmmmmmmme!

Now Your Talking Deluge! :D Wow, I got it almost perfect but still a little tiny buzz sometimes! It was the angle you draw on the photo that made me realize, because I never taught the servo horn needed to be 90 degrees so that's why the linkage was always too short... Is it me but they're still quite sensitive and are prompt to make noise at time (servo)?

Again, thank you bro! :D

Yannik

Deluge

Yeah, they'll always be a little chatty. Just happens with the dual servo setup. You're welcome, dude. Always glad to help.

Garag

Yannik said:
Hi,I have a question concerning the Onyx 220 Battery Charger. I have a new receiver battery (6v, 5000Mah) that I just started to charged so I put these settings (below):

Bat. Type: NI-MH

Capacity: 5000Mah

Current: 0.9A

S_Timer: off

Peak: 3-7mv/c

Trickle: Auto

I've been told to always put the S_Timer Off and the Trickle on Auto. I don't if true or not?

After charging 5hrs and at 300min, the charger started to Bip car navigation system and the display showed Circuit Error. It was around 4100Mah charged when it started to bip. I unplug it from the wall and plug it again but it didn't saved the work already accomplished!

I truly don't know what to do with this issue? Any suggestions??

Thanks,

Yannik :D
It generally happens when the current supply to the battery is not good.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts