• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Problem starting OBR Prostock 30cc after break-in

brio

It was running fine and then I shut it down to check a carb/linkage issue and it refused to fire back up. Checked the spark plug and it sparks, a little wet. I pulled the cord a few times just in case it was flooding but no fuel spilled out. NOw my started cord is about a foot hanging out of the recoil. Any ideas? I know its hard to guess but worth a try.

PISTOL PETE

i had alot of flooding issues during and after break in untill i did my final tune. you don't want to leave the plug loose because you need compression to help burn the fuel. like gts said let it air out,crack a beer. as for the recoil,could be a few things-dirt-sand-grass-ect stuck in it. it may have broke too. i usualy spray some silicone spray in the recoil after i clean it out. give it a try let us know how u make out.

Last edited by a moderator:

brio

Well, I gave in and bought a new pull start. I kinda makeshift-repaired the old one by cutting off a few inches of the rope and now it recoils fine. Hope the rope's not too short. :) It'll be a backup now. I'll soon be getting the Killer RC pull start cable and installing it. Wish I knew about that like 2 weeks ago. :(

G

* #7 * * Today, 12:18 PM

brio

Well, I gave in and bought a new pull start. I kinda makeshift-repaired the old one by cutting off a few inches of the rope and now it recoils fine. Hope the rope's not too short. It'll be a backup now. I'll soon be getting the Killer RC pull start cable and installing it. Wish I knew about that like 2 weeks ago.
I use the cable in both of mine. It's worth every penny. Even the best pull starters have poor ropes. I broke my turtle racing rope on the third pull. I don't blame them as I might have been a little excited to do some driving. LOL.

zack24

brio said:
It was running fine and then I shut it down to check a carb/linkage issue and it refused to fire back up. Checked the spark plug and it sparks, a little wet. I pulled the cord a few times just in case it was flooding but no fuel spilled out. NOw my started cord is about a foot hanging out of the recoil. Any ideas? I know its hard to guess but worth a try.
post vid wen u get it running

brio

zack24 said:
post vid wen u get it running
I'll try to, but things keep breaking when I run it. Seems like after about 2 minutes of running, something breaks. :rolleyes: Did u ever get a new engine? I know u were looking before.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts