• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Pro-line Desperado Wheel's

forist

Contributor
Hey guys anyone know if the 5B/5T tires will work with the Pro-line Desperado front/rear Wheel's. Thank you for any help on this.

DemonRC

The Proline wheels and tires are made to the same specs as the HPI wheels and tires. I've initially tried out Proline bowties on HPI stars before moving off to the Desperado's. Then I tried HPI stockers on the Desperado's. Hostiles also fit fine on either wheel.

badboy2

5t wheels are different than the 5b..desperado are same size as the 5b.the split six are same as the stock 5t..

for the split6 and stock 5t wheels u can fit the trenchers and hostile mxt.

timsted

the hpi and proline rims all have the same diameter 5b, 5t, front and rear. the 5t rear rims are slightly narrower than the 5b rear rims by about 5mm or so. the only thing that would give you trouble are the foams. the 5t foams are a lot taller. if you were really determined, you could cram 5t foams in 5b tires on any rim for the baja. this could be a useful tuning aid as it changes the contact patch and preload/air pressure in your tire.

only 2 things make me worry. sidewall deflection and foam sliding side to side with 5t tires and foams on wider 5b rims. also, puckering the bead, trimming the foam and sidewall life of a 5b rear tire on a 5t rear rim. short of putting rear tires on front rims, as long as you have the right foams, there should be no problem.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts