• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Possible to adjust brakes without pulling engine?

Dirk Squarejaw

I thought I had my XB all set up until I got past break-in (broke CY27 in according to DDM's suggested guidelines). Then, when I started running faster I noticed my brakes were pretty worthless at speed. I've been busy, but now I have some time over Christmas break to mess with it and would like to adjust them correctly, but would be great if someone has figured out some ingenious way to get to the set screws without pulling the whole thing back apart.

I've noticed that Redcat uses the same cheese-like metal on their fasteners as Japanese motorcycle manufacturers use on their carbs... :rolleyes: and I'm not looking forward to taking the fasteners back out after using Loctite on them.

phreerider

add heat and it will reduce removal issues. the more you tear it apart, the faster you get and easier it becomes...better than jacking the whole rig trying to get to it while breaking something else...sometimes it seems a hassle for sure.

IMHO braking is way over rated...its all about GO!

i dropped the brakes some time ago, and never looked back,

reduction to simple is as genius as i can arrive at most times, definitely will save the throttle servo and totally eliminate a headache .....which has to be supplanted by skill which will make u better pilot.

there are some supa dupa cool stuff like hydraulics and stuff, but from a basic "how to make it better" --->more servo!

i will admit they can be adjusted to usable parameters just takes time and tweaking. in rough terrain they are tuff to maintain, tarmac settings much easier though.

alfred e numan

brake pad adjustment

you just need to get a long t-handle allen wrench, look closely where the 2 allen nuts are. the allen wrench can be flexed with your fingers enough to get to both screws with out taking anything apart. its easy once you do it a few times. a.numan and his side kick spank said it!!

alfred e numan

brake pad adjustment

the allen wrench must slide between the non toothed side of the large spur gear and the plastic mount, once you get the wrench this far, get a finger in the area, flex the end of the wrench enough to get it into the lower set screw hole, lock tite can be a hassle on the threads in this area, you can get a allen screw thats longer with more threads to bite into the plastic at your home depot or any decent hardware store. d.b.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts