• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

poor decision making skills.mt5 verse 5t

kryptonite

i have such a hard time making basic rc desisions!! so im torn between a 5t thats in our for sale section or starting my mt5 V2 build. ive allready had a 5b and a 5bss, but really enjoy the 4wd's. but this 5t is a SWEET deal. and i can drive down and pick it up!. my mt5 V2 build is looking at close to $1500. i can get into a basicly new 5t w/3pm for about 1k. im trying get into something that i don't have to worry about constantly cleaning and mantaining from off-road abuse. hence the reason for my on-road mt5 build. im afraid that if i get another off-road it will just add to my growing rc expenses. i really love the look and the drive and durabilty of the 5t, but am thinking budget with a 3rd redcat becouse i just have so many parts on hand. plus who wouldnt think an all pink on-road mt5 isnt cool? im going to buy sometime next week and as the date come close i find myself losing more and more sleep over this. im about 60% redcat and 40% 5t. and i also already have 2 redcats(mt/ttruggy) any help would be nice.

csp1971

Contributor
You'll get the 5t and end up getting another Rampage any way. You could always find a great deal on a Rampage in the future. Go with something different. I don't think I would want several of the same. That's me though.

Piranha2

Contributor
The only thing I like on the 5T is the body.......sorry.

noyb98098

I have the 5bss all blinged up and I use it maybe once a month becaue it just cant handle the terrain I like driving on like the MT can so I mainly use it for on road to race other baja's and revo's (like they stand a chance:cool:) 4wd makes a BIG difference as you already know, so if you want something different I'm with moo go with a MCD or something, I did! ;) Got one from Clubin, it was a monster truck which I'm currently converting into a Baja1000. And I believe he's even selling one of his Baja1000's, check it out!

kryptonite

thanx for all you input guys. i feel better with my decision to get another ramp. its not that i wanted something diffrent, its just that i wanted somekind of project. you guys just reminded me of how horrible 2wd is. thanx, i'll be going with my origanil idea of an on-road mt5 V2

hamster huey

How about Rampage MT tires on a 5B/5T? Ive always wanted to do this but you need 4 wheel adapter from ramtech-rc.com $60, gearing $80, and MT tires $100-$200. Maybe a Proline baja truck body $130? But the Baja is longer than the Rampage so I think it would handle well. Ramtech-rc has a picture of one in the online store.

flint mann

hamster huey said:
How about Rampage MT tires on a 5B/5T? Ive always wanted to do this but you need 4 wheel adapter from ramtech-rc.com $60, gearing $80, and MT tires $100-$200. Maybe a Proline baja truck body $130? But the Baja is longer than the Rampage so I think it would handle well. Ramtech-rc has a picture of one in the online store.
you mean something like this??

12dec0085-1.jpg

all you need is the hexes of a TT, MT, or the new dune runner and of course the wheels and tires.

Last edited by a moderator:

hamster huey

Yes but MT tires on the front too and a truck body. Like this one from ramtechrc.com:

5B MT.jpg

/monthly_2009_05/583c6058a2888_5BMT.jpg.5c5fcf8ccd5ea70b7cd96f30111207ba.jpg

DemonRC

For me the decision on the 5T is simple. If you take the body off and the vehicle looks like a Frankenstein POS then I won't buy it. The 5b, even though I hate it now, is a piece of art. I've always run my 5b bodyless because it just looks dam good.

Now granted you can cover up the 5t butt ugly chassis with a body but that's like sticking a paper bag over an ugly girl's head and telling her to turn around. Ya you can lie to yourself and say it's all better but soon as you take the paper bag off, reality will slap you in the face. Anyways, enough comparing 5t's to ugly chicks....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts