• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

polishing aluminum

Knuckles

Looking to polish my 7075rc hpi adapter caps, how do you guys recommend I do this? Never done it before, I have a dremel if that is what I need.

G

If they are the silver ones, they are plain aluminum.

MrMeatHooks

If they are plain aluminum, it will be an easy job. Using polishing compound like Mothers or Blue Magic, will make quick work of those dull surfaces, making them shine like chrome. It really comes down to the surface, the smoother, the better, as your results will be better. I use very fine Wet Sandpaper on aluminum, like 1200 grit or finer if there are any rough, or machine marks on the parts.

If there is a clearcoat use a paint stripper to eat it off, if they are anodized you will have to use sandpaper as that coating is applied using an electrolytic passivation process that physically changes the surface of the metal, making it harder and corrosive resistant.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online