• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

point me towards topend gears please.

redthomas

So I'm running my Mt today and its sluggish off the jump. So I was kinda annoyed I have to tune on it, but it dawned on me.....it is ALOT slower than my xsc. They're both gear driven. But the mt with the tgn pipe just tops out fast and that's it..it may be slower than my traxxas summit. So I wanna keep some low end. But wanna try to even up with the xsc.. what's some advice.

BertR

The mt is more weight to move than the xsc If you want more top end for it you will feel it in the low end as in slower off the start

G

BertR is correct. It takes a lot to get the huge MT tires go'n. You can increase your gear ratio to get more top speed. You can also go to a 8k clutch spring to help with the take off. You can run 29-31 gears or the belt drive which is equal to 30-30 gearing.

redthomas

I need to do something. Its sluggish off the start, than the funny thing is it sounds like a powerband kicks in. ( only I don't think these have one) the tone in the pipe changes and it takes off.and at that point its topped out..think I'll try the spring next

Wish I could posh pics to show off but I still can't figure it out

Restomod

Gearing it for top speed wont help with the low end slugishness. As said 8k spring and some carb tuning, btw a open style air filter helped my XSC alot.

G

redthomas said:
I need to do something. Its sluggish off the start, than the funny thing is it sounds like a powerband kicks in. ( only I don't think these have one) the tone in the pipe changes and it takes off.and at that point its topped out..think I'll try the spring nextWish I could posh pics to show off but I still can't figure it out
The stock carb has a lag. The Walbro 990 will eliminate the lag.

redthomas

Well. Guess I'll pick up the filter, then clutch I do a lot of road driving so I got my new wheels baddass pro line road rage tires.lotta rubber but? Hey should ride awesome..no if I could find a body that wasn't so damned ugly

redthomas

Xsc. Don't have the wheels yet and I do a lot of road driving. They're almost as tall ,but a good bit wider than stock

rampagemt

Re: point me towards topend gears please.

Only road rage tires I k.ow are 40 @series and those only fit 40 series wheels and are for 1/8th scale

G

I don't think you will be able to use them on the XSC. Even if you could find a wheel, I don't think the wheel or tire could handle the weight of the XSC.

redthomas

Well that's a bummer, was really liking the idea of them..I'm not fining a lot for this truck. I went too red at I seen they don't Evey advertise the truck anymore.. what's up with that

rampagemt

Re: point me towards topend gears please.

I just noticed the xsc is not on redcats website I k.ow all x series are the same but did Redcat stop selling that ?

G

The XSC will be replaced with a 5th scale sand rail similar to the Redcat Sandatorm. It's going to be awesome!

G

rampagemt said:
Electric? Or GAS?
Ya know, that's a good question. That I haven't heard. I would like to see both.

RampageHopUps

point me towards topend gears please.

It is gas so far. Maybe electric as well. I hope they come in before the HBF Dunetoberfest so we can get some movies.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts