• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Plastic rollcage

Deluge

krashkrieg said:
A lot of guys have made cages out of Delrin for 1/8 scales and some for 1/5...Google around a bit and you should find a bunch of ideas... have rolled my MT many times and still haven't cracked the stock plastic one so I think a Delrin one would work fantastic. A while back I found lots of info on others that have made them, but never got around to actually ordering any and making one. Maybe now that I have a real work area again... :)
Very true. The stock cage is really durable.

G

Deluge said:
Very true. The stock cage is really durable.
I wish it had more braces and supported the body. The concept of the 5ive cage is awesome. The Team Chase cage is pretty sweet also. Have you ever thought about one for your 5t Deluge?

Deluge

On the MT I have the HBZ Hoop. Tightens things up quite a bit.

Here's one on a TT...

HBZ2.JPG

For the TC cage, I'd have to remove some cross supports. My pipe will hit it.

G

I guess I didn't know those were still available. That is a nice part.

Ryneito

Where do you get this plastic rod you guys speak of? I've been messing around with plastic cloths hangers to modify the stock cage. Has a good amount of flex but snaps when flexed to much. Its the same diameter as the stock cage too. I just don't want to put in work to make it look good just to have it explode on the first roll over...

cherryride

Ryneito said:
Where do you get this plastic rod you guys speak of? I've been messing around with plastic cloths hangers to modify the stock cage. Has a good amount of flex but snaps when flexed to much. Its the same diameter as the stock cage too. I just don't want to put in work to make it look good just to have it explode on the first roll over...
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/plastic-rod-stock/plastics/raw-materials/ecatalog/N-c1nZ1z0o0st

caveman

How is this done since I have not worked with plastic before? What would be the best way to put it together? Weld, glue or screws? This is interesting to me and there is a grainger about 30 min from my house :)

G

Deluge said:
They're not. I snagged one when LSRC had them on clearance.
Thought its been a while. :p

rampage idiot

Thanks guys I ordered nylon and delrin so I will tell you what I find out in this wild exreriment! Thanks everybody for your input,I got an email back from HBZ and they asked which loop I was looking for so they must have made more than one I just replyed back and told him the redcat one we will see!

G

Have fun man! Hope it works for ya!

krashkrieg

Contributor
rampage idiot said:
Thanks guys I ordered nylon and delrin so I will tell you what I find out in this wild exreriment! Thanks everybody for your input,I got an email back from HBZ and they asked which loop I was looking for so they must have made more than one I just replyed back and told him the redcat one we will see!
Not that wild, It's gonna turn out great...There is definitely enough info out there that it'll be worth it and work well whatever you do....look forward to your updates!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts