• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Plasti dip paint job

Dr. Evil

Just curious, since I have never done a body before. Can this same process be done to the inside of a clear body? I am asking cause maybe the clear coat can be skipped since the clear body will act like a clear coat?

G

claude bigelow said:
Thanks guys!!! The plasti dip goes on the outside, at least that's what I was told. So don't know if you can bypass clear coat.
I bet you could spray it on the inside of a clear body and it would look good.

chapinb

You can spray it inside. I had some overspray on mine. Looks fine just lacks that pop that paint can give. And bubbles easily form if you don't go very light.

I have it on the outside too but not in high scratch areas. You'll need to let us know how it holds up on roll overs!

That color really catches the eye, esp with the clear coat!

claude bigelow

Got to go back to drawing board, decals not sticking to plasti dip.

Got to find some other material to make decals.

chapinb

Can you spray a little top coat either under or over the decals?

crazyfast

Looks great! Did you happen to still have some sticker residue on the side there? I had some on mine and figured, "oh this stuff will be a thicker coating and should just cover/dry smoothly over it".... but it's just like paint in that aspect lol. After i shot the 1st coat it stuck out like crazy!! Good thing I was able to cover them with decals! lol

crazyfast

Not sure what you plan on using for the grill/headlights but I picked up a set the KillerRC grill/headlight/tail light decal kit and they fit GREAT!

http://www.killerrc.com/product/grillz/

I'm still waiting on my red number decals, then I think I'll pick me up some of that clear coat to go over all the decals.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts