• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Plasti dip paint job

claude bigelow

Not sure if I should have started by doing it white and then putting green on top. The good thing is if I don't like it, I can peel it off and start again.

claude bigelow

Here it is after 3 coats. Finishing up my decals now. Post in a few. Guess I'll throw a few more coats on tomorrow.

crazyfast

claude bigelow said:
Not sure if I should have started by doing it white and then putting green on top.
Yup. :p :D

I'm regretting not putting more coats on mine. Came out pretty thin. Didn't quite use the whole can. Going to be worried about how durable it's going to be being so thin. Thinking about spraying a clear coat over it. It's ok to do, but just makes it harder to peel off. It'll peel off in little chunks instead of large pieces.

Tip for cutting out the windows. Hold the body up in front of a window so the light shines through the plasti dip. You'll be able to see the out line of the window like night and day. Well.... worked for white plasti dip lol:rolleyes:

Can't wait to see her complete!

crazyfast

Is that the Blaze green or the regular green? What clear coat you going to use?

Making me wish I went with green!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts