• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

plain dirty!!

GoffeeRedCat

So right before it started to rain I had a bash session at the construction site by my house!! It was awesome!! My problem now is the XT is super dirty!! I usually use the nitro/ electric spray (which is basically compressed alcohol I think) I was wondering what I can use to clean her other than that spray?? Anything electrical safe?? If not what should I use??

BoukeG

I've seen some tricks with 70% alcohol. I cleaned my car with plain water and a good brush. Used a high pressure air to blow everything off. Then a little bit of WD40 on moving parts and screws.

I think best is to take it apart and clean every piece individually...

Good luck!

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9100 met Tapatalk

G

Just be careful of the electronics and don't soak them, and you'll be ok. I use the (2parts simple green 1part denatured alcohol and a capful of WD40.) I also use the air compressor. Works great.

Deluge

BoukeG said:
I've seen some tricks with 70% alcohol. I cleaned my car with plain water and a good brush. Used a high pressure air to blow everything off. Then a little bit of WD40 on moving parts and screws.I think best is to take it apart and clean every piece individually...

Good luck!

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9100 met Tapatalk
For sure! That's what I do.

GoffeeRedCat

Just got done taking it apart and about to spray some cleaning solution I made!! Lol also my cousin told me to also spray some "moo slick" or BP blaster dry silicone??? He said to spray it on the plastic suspension parts for strength!! Is that true??

ChuenouXiao

Me personally... my XB is for on road and grass only. I love it too much to get it dirty. Besides I don't want to clean it afterward :D I know... I know... they are meant to be run on dirt... but it's my way :D

Deluge

I know how that is. I hate it when my R/C's get dirty. I still run them in dirt, but I clean them right after. I like to keep them looking new.

G

Me personally... my XB is for on road and grass only. I love it too much to get it dirty. Besides I don't want to clean it afterward I know... I know... they are meant to be run on dirt... but it's my way
I know how that is. I hate it when my R/C's get dirty. I still run them in dirt, but I clean them right after. I like to keep them looking new.
I thought I was the only neat freak, LOL. I spend more time cleaning than driving. LOL

ChuenouXiao

I really think Redcat should come out with a pro dirt XB version. Where everything is enclose... like the differential. So that after a hard bash in dirt and mud... you just splash the XB with water and your done :D Water resistance...... :D

GoffeeRedCat

I too am a neat freak!! I cant stand it when my RCs are sitting dirty I gotta have a showroom look to all my RCs after I run them.... Plus my computer room/Office/ hobby room is super clean

G

My problem is, I like to bring all my cars when I go out, so I end up needing to clean them all. :)

rcgasser

RCDAD said:
My problem is, I like to bring all my cars when I go out, so I end up needing to clean them all. :)
LOL yea that's me rcdad I like to take them all out to run so at the end of the day I am cleaning well into the night.

rampagemt

I wish I had that much time !!!! I got 4 redcats and I work 3rd shift I do my research at work and take them out on weekends. These largescales are a fulltime job in themselves. If we only got paid gr as much time we put into these suckers we would all be billionares!!!!!

Shvelle

I used to try to keep them clean after every run, but now I just clean them whenever I have it apart for maintenance - which seems to be after every run lately. Like someone said above - they are a full-time job in themselves! Add several heli's to the mix and I have no time to clean them spotless. The dirt is a badge of honor. :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts