• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Picture of my MT5 and brothers 5B

NitroBurn

Here is a picture of my MT5 next to my brothers Baja. Over the next few weeks I'm going to be adding an x-can and a race ported 29cc head kit. I did change the clutch spring to HPI's high response spring. It was bogging bad on take off without it. This truck definitely needs more power than a stock cy23. Also the front shock springs are a bit to short, you have to adjust the preload all the way down to take up all the slack. Even then at full droop there is a small gap. I plan to get the RAMTech 20%+ springs to fix this. Over all, this is the best RC I have ever bought.

NitroBurn

Did your truck come with a decal sheet with a rampage sticker to cover the monster big truck sticker?

Thanks for the compliment sattheman. My brother is painting a Proline desert rat body for his 5B right as I am typing this now.

Skater229

Nice rides... Interesting paint job on the 5b... I think I will paint my truck likes yours... Oh wait it already is... Oh yeah, no painting skills here...

Skater

NitroBurn

Thanks guys. My brother has gotten better with the airbrush. I am going to have him paint me a body for my truck some time. Probably after I shred the stock one.

NitroBurn

Nope, no tug of war just a coincidence. :D Got the head kit yesterday. Its not going on until I get my shocks sorted out. They keep popping e-clips. Gonna grind a shelf on the Phatdads I bought to replace the bent stock shafts, then use the washers on the phatdads. Shot some video today to test out my shock rebuild(the harder e-clips didn't hold, you can see the rear bouncing a bit much towards the middle).

satttheman

very nice bro is the cylinder race ported??? this thing should move check ur dogbones

Last edited by a moderator:

NitroBurn

Yeah the cylinder is race ported. I'm aware of the problem with the bones dropping pins, as well as the brittle drive cups. Plan on getting upgrades for both as soon as something becomes available. I ordered parts to finally bullet proof the shocks (Phatdad Bajampage kits). Should have the whole works up and going by next week sometime. Will be posting some video.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.