• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Parallel Connections

jathomas3

Thanks for sharing this! I'll be using your method to make my connectors.

bigfol

All hooked up.....

G

Looks great. That's one clean install.

I also like your rock guards.

bigfol

I cut them out of a old rubbish bin lid,any bit of reasonably tough plastic will do......they really work a treat.I also drilled new holes and moved the battery holders as far back as I could on the chassis, it really evens out the weight distrbution, flies straight when in the air. Might be a good extra to include on 7075's new xbe chassis......hint hint ol'fart.

Last edited by a moderator:

ninjagaiden

That's awesome. Talk about keeping wiring short and tidy. I am a bit nervous about bullets and the risk of miswiring, but I can't see that this trick would work for wiring polarised connectors. Will have to think about that!

krashkrieg

Contributor
bigfol said:
I cut them out of a old rubbish bin lid,any bit of reasonably tough plastic will do......they really work a treat.I also drilled new holes and moved the battery holders as far back as I could on the chassis, it really evens out the weight distrbution, flies straight when in the air. Might be a good extra to include on 7075's new xbe chassis......hint hint ol'fart.
Thanks for reminding me that I want to do that mod to mine...I had similiar on my Losi 8T (later e) and it was very helpful keep crap off rear end...I should really do it on my Savage as well ...that truck gets real dirty...lol... :rolleyes:

G

bigfol said:
Did you only have to drill and relocate the rear battery holder? Compensating for the larger batteries. The chassis has 2 positions for both the front and rear battery holders. I notice your front holders look like they are in the back holes.

I just moved my rear mounts to the back set of holes to make room for the bigger batteries. Even that made a difference in weight distribution. Yours however, would be even more dramatic.

Thanks for the photos.

bigfol

RCDAD said:
Did you only have to drill and relocate the rear battery holder? Compensating for the larger batteries. The chassis has 2 positions for both the front and rear battery holders. I notice your front holders look like they are in the back holes.I just moved my rear mounts to the back set of holes to make room for the bigger batteries. Even that made a difference in weight distribution. Yours however, would be even more dramatic.

Thanks for the photos.
Yes, I just drilled out another set in the rear, the weight of the batts is pretty heavy,having them as far back as possible really helps even things out. It would be a good mod to include on any new chassis.....

Deluge

bigfol said:
Thanks for the kind words guys, I like to try and keep everthing neat and functional, not that you can see it, but I also trimmed and re-terminated all the signal/fan/bec cables so they all fit inside the RX box.....
Nice. I'd like to see that!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts