• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Opinions please!!! New engine running crappy

Wicked

OK,

So today I went to get my Rampage running with no luck. SO tonight I pulled the plug, and noticed things were a little wet and there was a ring of oil at the top of the head. So I pulled the engine over a few times to UN flood it. I also pulled the fuel line off. TADA!! it run. So I stopped it, put the lines back on, returned the LSN back to 1 1/4 and pulled it over. Ran for a bit then stalled. SO I did the same thing all over again and this time turned the LSN back up really slowly and only got to about 1 turn out when it started to run crappy again. Started driving it around for awhile and every time I brought it close and let off the fuel it would sound like it wanted to stall. And did the last time.

The needles are about 1 1/4 out on the HS and about 1 on the LS.

O and when I have it running it drives really sluggish and slow.

I don't get it.

Last edited by a moderator:

kryptonite

im kinda stumped as well. whats it doing when it dies? does it run fine when running, then just crap out? or does it stumble for a few, then just die?

it sounds like the tune should be at least close. you allready know if its out of tune, it will at least stay running or re-fire.. check the tank vent. when it dies and wont restart pull the gas cap and see if its venting ok. if its not, you'll here the pressure release. we have had some venting issues, even with the upgrade and it could just be starving for fuel.. my mt was/is fine, but my tt ran like crap untill i put a vent tube on it, but it never died on me

edit: you said you pulled the fuel tube and it ran.. im assuming you pulled it and put it back on and it fired? that sounds like the tank not venting. when you pulled the fuel line it let air into the tank. if this is the case, then pull the nipple out of the inside of the fuel cap and open up the vent hole with a hot pin or something

Wicked

It stumbles down a bit. When I was pulling the lines I was basically starving it of fuel and that's when it would fire up. Actually the first time I got it going was with no lines and I had the LS all the way in. At that point I stopped it, reconnected the lines and pulled it again with the lsn still down. It first up and I then started bring the needle back up. about a turn.

Well it does seem like its running rich. When I lean it out it starts to run better. But at that point the needles are at 1/1/4 on HS and just a weeee bit over 1 on the LS.

Clubin

Banned
Check your air filter, sounds like it might have gotten over oiled. Check the fuel tank to make sure the clunk is in the centre of the tank at the bottom. I pulled on the fuel lines and disloged my clunk, if you use a flash light you can see through the tank to see where the clunk is. Make sure neither fuel line has any holes in it. Are there bullbles int he bulb?

But I am putting my money on the air filter. What kind of filter are you running?

kryptonite

hmm. i guess it hasnt run long enough for the tank to gain pressure. wish i could help ya more but im stumped..

Wicked

Right now I am running the stock filter. I lightly oiled the two foams. After that is just the grill.

The truck has run for about 10 or 15 mins.

Could it just be to rich? I know the needles say other wise but.... It is a little steaky when it runs. More then my baja.

Wicked

Last edited by a moderator:

kryptonite

nah, thats not going to matter wether it runs or not. it should still fire right? maybe its just a rich condition. i ran mine with the stock settings, but i was running 32:1 and it still felt a little rich. try leaning out the low side alittle more, but make sure it doesn't "jack" the idle too high and keep checking the plug

will it at least start now, or no..

Wicked

Yea I have had it running. It will sit and sound great. I'll drive it around for awhile and sometimes when I bring it back to me it will sound aweful and sound like it wants to stall.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts