Operation Beast Mode Chimera

talunceford

Thread starter #102
All parts are in and she is ready to go, less the lighting. I am working on the lighting electronics right now. Switch setup is done. Just have to reinstall it. She fired up after a few pulls. Had been sitting with no fuel for about 4 weeks. Will give it a good rip tomorrow.

[video=youtube;v7dEEFLJnFA]

talunceford

Thread starter #109
Was racing it and the plastic decided to crap out on me. Spent more time wrenching on it, than racing it. Raced for like 5 minutes and it wasn't even hard racing, and did like 250 bucks worth of damage to it. Ended up selling the chassis and investing what I sold it for into a used X2. The chimera was a great 5th scale to start off on and honestly, its a good (not great) basher. The plastic seems really weak in quite a few areas (just being 100% honest) and when I crashed it racing, it pissed me off enough that I made up my mind to just move to a totally different chassis all together. I haven't looked back since. Don't buy the aluminum stuff for it, its not worth the $$. Stay with the plastic suspension parts. Just my honest opinion.

HOWEVER, I've got a whole series of videos on what I did to Project Insanity when I did have it if you are interested. It has a ton of good pointers on what I replaced and why and every challenge that I had to overcome to get it to work as well as it did.

Members online

Latest posts