• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Operation Beast Mode Chimera

talunceford

All parts are in and she is ready to go, less the lighting. I am working on the lighting electronics right now. Switch setup is done. Just have to reinstall it. She fired up after a few pulls. Had been sitting with no fuel for about 4 weeks. Will give it a good rip tomorrow.

[video=youtube;v7dEEFLJnFA]

talunceford

I addressed a major issue with Project Insanity. Here is the video of it.

[video=youtube;uvcqFXngjlA]

talunceford

Was racing it and the plastic decided to crap out on me. Spent more time wrenching on it, than racing it. Raced for like 5 minutes and it wasn't even hard racing, and did like 250 bucks worth of damage to it. Ended up selling the chassis and investing what I sold it for into a used X2. The chimera was a great 5th scale to start off on and honestly, its a good (not great) basher. The plastic seems really weak in quite a few areas (just being 100% honest) and when I crashed it racing, it pissed me off enough that I made up my mind to just move to a totally different chassis all together. I haven't looked back since. Don't buy the aluminum stuff for it, its not worth the $$. Stay with the plastic suspension parts. Just my honest opinion.

HOWEVER, I've got a whole series of videos on what I did to Project Insanity when I did have it if you are interested. It has a ton of good pointers on what I replaced and why and every challenge that I had to overcome to get it to work as well as it did.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online