• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

one of my battery balloned

Rampage

am using stock rampage with baja tires

7500mah , 30C

one of the battries balloned any reason for that ? battery is new

VEN0M Battery

Hobbywing ESC 150Amp

the battery can give more than enough amp 7.5*30 = 225amp

i wonder why it ballon

Last edited by a moderator:

sdmaker

most likely either was over charged, or was damaged somehow. what are you using for a charger? does it balance the pack?

i don't know what you know about lipo packs, but a ballooned battery is no longer safe to use. Dispose of it by soaking in salt water (in a covered container, outdoors) for several days to a couple of weeks to leach out all toxic materials and then throw out the battery -- or dispose of it according the hazardous materials/battery disposal guidelines for your community.

Vision

Personally I heard bad things about venom batteries. So that might be the case.

Keith81

Yikes, I use venom batteries in my XBE...

I will be getting new ones soon though, thank god!

toyrota

Yep its a Venom thing. don't worrie about it too much though, Mine do it too but the turnigy ones i have don't.

I have had one of my venoms pop out of its hard case before and just let it cool down and go back to it origonal size put it back in the hard case and zip tie it up and use it again later no problem.

The cheeper turnigy one's i also use are the same capasity but are a lower c rating but yet handle the buggy much better than the venoms and don't get as hot. I think i will replace the venoms as soon as i can afford it any way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts