• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

OK Tell me what I broke

Michaels12

mvaughn12 said:
Ive been looking at the 2 speed from Demon RC but Ive been waiting to hear feedback from any one who has it installed on their chimera or see a picture of video of it installed on the chimera.
No sense in waiting.... I've got two of them, and I'll never consider using the stock gear unit again. It has been trouble free and that alone is worth 2/3 the price. The fact that you have that second gear is worth 2/3 the price.

So you get 1/3 the overall benefit of the Demon 2 speed for free.

It's hard not to see the economy of the math. I had to explain that to my wife twice before she was sold :)

mvaughn12

Michaels12 said:
No sense in waiting.... I've got two of them, and I'll never consider using the stock gear unit again. It has been trouble free and that alone is worth 2/3 the price. The fact that you have that second gear is worth 2/3 the price. So you get 1/3 the overall benefit of the Demon 2 speed for free.

It's hard not to see the economy of the math. I had to explain that to my wife twice before she was sold :)
You have any pics or video on youtube with it installed and or running? i'd like to see that 2 speed in action. Do you seen more bottome end torque or more top end?

Michaels12

mvaughn12 said:
You have any pics or video on youtube with it installed and or running? i'd like to see that 2 speed in action. Do you seen more bottome end torque or more top end?
I owe everyone a video. I think it's a mix of both due to the lower 1st gear ratio and the higher 2nd gear. It's a broadening of the power available.

About the time you've pulled all the rpms out at top end.....wait I've got another gear!

mvaughn12

Michaels12 said:
I owe everyone a video. I think it's a mix of both due to the lower 1st gear ratio and the higher 2nd gear. It's a broadening of the power available. About the time you've pulled all the rpms out at top end.....wait I've got another gear!
LOL and pics on how it looks installed?

jonathan13

Hey mvaughn12, how did you get your Troy Bilt power starter to work? I received mine and it is too short to make it turn over. ended up having to get a drill, and now I am trying to find a buyer for my power starter.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.