• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Obeast's Budget Baja Backup Build

Obeast44

Banned
DemonRC said:
I helped a bud fix his Baja last week and I kept thinking that I wish I had mine back. That lasted about 15 minutes and I was back to cussing the car up and down. All it took was to pull the engine. By the time I got the tranny case apart to replace one stupid diff bearing, I was threatening to kick my buddy off my property for talking me into working on the thing.
Haha so true! whats bad this is the 3rd one I have done almost a complete teardown/rebuild on in the last few months. I'm about Baja'd out and haven't even ran one.

powerslave69

I'm glad your're still a Ramper

Obeast44 said:
Hey guys, thought I'd give you guys a sneak peek as to what I have been working on here lately. Keep in mind, i'm a Redcat guy at heart, whilst checking out the pics.
Here is the back story to help you guys understand why I decided to build one. Im going to Powerjam next weekend with my XB-E. My plans are to run the piss out it as much as possible. I will have gobs of batteries, a power supply capable of 47amps and a 6s quattro charger on site, BUT ya never know what might happen. So I decided to snag a gasoline backup just in case.

My friend Noyb and Bbuzzard (both have more cars than they can concievably handle)led me to this amazing deal. It was such a good deal, I literally HAD to buy it. So don't throw me under the bus!

In all seriousness I am hoping I can get it sold to someone at the Powerjam so I don't have to bring it back!

I could bore you to death with the amount of aftermarket stuff thats on it, but I would rather let the pics do the talking.

5b8.jpg

5b6.jpg

5b4.jpg

5b10.jpg
so now that we got that out of the way, and no disrespect, just expressing and practicing my "first amendment" right, ahem....here goes...To be brutally honest "IT'S STILL 2WD...just in case someone by accident doesn't know what that acronym means....that's 2 WHEEL DRIVE!!! AS IN "DOS" IN SPANISH as in "DOS EQUIS XX" YOU KNOW, THE BREWSKI

I could had the same ride but with a Skopod 62cc motor. Ordered the kit, opened the box and my XT and MT was right next to me and these bad boyz were like...kinda looking at me and saying "You sure you want to drive a 2WD?" Sure enough, the next day the kit was for sale and a Skopod sitting in my shop collecting dust....someday that motor will sit on my MT. But, in fairness, that's one beautiful ride. Just wondering what HPI got against 4WD? hmmm....??

Deluge

powerslave69 said:
so now that we got that out of the way, and no disrespect, just expressing and practicing my "first amendment" right, ahem....here goes...To be brutally honest "IT'S STILL 2WD...just in case someone by accident doesn't know what that acronym means....that's 2 WHEEL DRIVE!!! AS IN "DOS" IN SPANISH as in "DOS EQUIS XX" YOU KNOW, THE BREWSKI
I could had the same ride but with a Skopod 62cc motor. Ordered the kit, opened the box and my XT and MT was right next to me and these bad boyz were like...kinda looking at me and saying "You sure you want to drive a 2WD?" Sure enough, the next day the kit was for sale and a Skopod sitting in my shop collecting dust....someday that motor will sit on my MT. But, in fairness, that's one beautiful ride. Just wondering what HPI got against 4WD? hmmm....??
:confused:

k20_94_dc

Ill trade u a redcat tt now mt for it lol. You might have seen it b4 heck I think you owned it at one point ;)

Obeast44

Banned
k20_94_dc said:
Ill trade u a redcat tt now mt for it lol. You might have seen it b4 heck I think you owned it at one point ;)
Haha Long time no see bro, how are you and Lagan doing?

I will have to decline that offer. I don't even own that Baja anymore Rob64N is the new proud owner :D

k20_94_dc

Oh I was just joking haha I like the redcat better than the Baja I traded you. Lags good so am I we've been on a rock crawler kick lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts