• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Obeast's Budget Baja Backup Build

Obeast44

Banned
Hey guys, thought I'd give you guys a sneak peek as to what I have been working on here lately. Keep in mind, i'm a Redcat guy at heart, whilst checking out the pics.

Here is the back story to help you guys understand why I decided to build one. Im going to Powerjam next weekend with my XB-E. My plans are to run the piss out it as much as possible. I will have gobs of batteries, a power supply capable of 47amps and a 6s quattro charger on site, BUT ya never know what might happen. So I decided to snag a gasoline backup just in case.

My friend Noyb and Bbuzzard (both have more cars than they can concievably handle)led me to this amazing deal. It was such a good deal, I literally HAD to buy it. So don't throw me under the bus!

In all seriousness I am hoping I can get it sold to someone at the Powerjam so I don't have to bring it back!

I could bore you to death with the amount of aftermarket stuff thats on it, but I would rather let the pics do the talking.

5b8.jpg

5b6.jpg

5b4.jpg

5b10.jpg

Obeast44

Banned
5b3.jpg

5b12.jpg

5b9.jpg

Im honestly hoping I don't even have to fire it up :D

Also forgot to mention, its not 100% done. There are still a few things to do once the rest of the parts arrive.

Last edited by a moderator:

noyb98098

WOW!!! Your going to love that engine... I miss her already.... :D BTW, I only have like 3 cars.. Stop lying on me!! :p Buzzard has ALL of the rides in Northern VA, I think he has like 14 cars now, that's more than Pwaicon.. :eek: hehehehe

Obeast44

Banned
noyb98098 said:
WOW!!! Your going to love that engine... I miss her already.... :D BTW, I only have like 3 cars.. Stop lying on me!! :p Buzzard has ALL of the rides in Northern VA, I think he has like 14 cars now, that's more than Pwaicon.. :eek: hehehehe
Just 3 huh....thats just from Hurrax!!! :D

What about the other manufacturers?? Hehe

bbuzzard

Contributor
noyb98098 said:
HEEHEHE- Stop keeping count of my stuff!!! :D The Hurrax cars are all that matter!! :cool: And soon to be 4... ;)
4?? Yeah, right...more like 40!!! Looking good, Obeast! Don't make it a shelf queen, hehehe:p

DemonRC

Obeast44 said:
When I first got it, I liked it....after wrenching on it and rebuilding it.....not so much! LOL :D
I helped a bud fix his Baja last week and I kept thinking that I wish I had mine back. That lasted about 15 minutes and I was back to cussing the car up and down. All it took was to pull the engine. By the time I got the tranny case apart to replace one stupid diff bearing, I was threatening to kick my buddy off my property for talking me into working on the thing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts