• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

O ring

caveman

The other day after fixing my pull start my MT was not rolling freely. I took off the gear cover and there's an o ring sitting there, will this cause the gears to stick?

G

The oring hold the gear hub pin in place. If the oring is off, you might have lost the pin. So yes, it could be the cause of some binding.

rampagemt

I agree I kept having the pins backing out and started using loktight on the pins and seems to help also went to harware store and picked up new thicker o rings also helped

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2

Deluge

Nice. I love the square drive setup, though. The gearing options are slim with the four pin setup. Anyway, didn't mean to jack the thread. :D

G

I would say yes. No small parts to fall out. There are more gear options available plus the belt drive would mount right up if you ever went that route.

krashkrieg

Contributor
Don't bother switching, just save a tiny bit more and go straight to the belt, all you need is the shafts and RCDAD sells them as an add on to the belt kit.....cheaper in the long run and you'll love the belt.

G

The only issue is the belt drive ratio is a bit tall for the MT tires. If you run any of the Baja tires it's great. If you have a high hp engine the taller ratio still works also.

G

The Hostiles are a bit more, but worth it! They will last 2-3 times longer than anything similar.

rampagemt

I love my hostiles! I have the same problem your having with the pins! In order to switch to square drive/ belt drive you just need the new clutchbell and shafts to support the square drive.????? I have the mt gear plate currently that came on mt.

G

Yes that is correct. The 4pin gear plate is narrower at the shaft supports.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts