• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Not running after clutch upgrade??

crazyfast

After installing my 8k clutch, I went to start but it took quite a few pulls. When finally started it immediately revved up so I quickly grabbed the remote and slightly turned down the idle and it idled nicely for a few seconds and then just died.

The only way to start it/keep it running was to have it idle high, but the most odd thing was, when it died, it was like it was losing spark, not sputtering out like choking of fuel or air. After watching trip's carb tuning video and looking at the plug color, I know I'm running a bit on the rich side. So i think I will lean it out a little bit.

I've stuffed all my wires inside the battery box, so I'm pulling them all out and going to try and start it tomorrow, hoping that something was just getting pinched or maybe a connection getting pulled apart a bit??

Is there any break-in procedures for an 8k Clutch???

crazyfast

It was running great. Would start in just a few pulls. I do know it was a tad rich.

Deluge

To rule out any electronics issues, just disconnect the kill switch from the engine and start it that way. Generally it's a good idea to start from factory settings on the carb once you upgrade the engine in any way. Try resetting the needles and see how that goes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts