• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

No compression?!

Ludabud

I just added new carb and new air filter and I seem to have no compression what so ever. Its very easy to pull start and everything else seems just fine. tuned carb new head gasket. I took spark plug out and checked spark. wondering if head maybe warped or egg shaped. any advice or parts would help. also if I could get a bigger bore. its the stock 30cc from redcat. 35mm I do believe.

Ludabud

Everything is tight and no gaps. I cleaned it up before I replace the gasket with a steel reinforced one. also put in a new piston ring.

Deluge

Try putting a few drops of oil down the plug hole and see if it starts like that. The oil will create a temporary seal around the ring and bump up the compression for a bit. If it starts and then dies after a few seconds, there's a problem with the ring or the head. Might seem a bit redundant, but it'll narrow down the issue.

Also, just to verify, the plug is tight and sealing properly, correct?

Deluge

If you think you're not getting any fuel, you can try the plastic bag trick. That'll just act as a choke though, and if you are getting fuel, you could flood the engine.

Ludabud

Hmmmm not getting fuel. what are steps to trouble shoot or to fix? the prime bubble holds fuel. I get it as full as possible (tiny air bubble) and I choke the carb and pull. before I was three pulls and it would pop then unchoke and start. now no pop.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deluge

They aren't directional. The open end needs to line up with the pin in the ring groove, but that's about it. You can put them in upside down without any issues.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online