• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

new xt, 2 problems

Racerx

one the exhaust melted the the quote right rear tailgate area and then the right rear shock busted off the end of the rod in the shock cylinder and the rod came out. all this during my first tank of fuel during break in and was running large right hand ovals in my perfectly flat backyard. I have seen the president of the company on here and i submited my warranty claim for both. I hope he follows up with these issues. I otherwise think it is a great truck and look forward to my full throttle days. I will post the companys response.

RampageHopUps

You are supposed to say:

"Just running half speed on grass, taking it easy".

Thats what all the Baja guys say when they break stuff. Cracks me up.

DemonRC

Dam, I've been cartwheeling my XB and playing bumper cars with the HPI guys since June and never busted a shock. You sure you were just doing ovals? ;)

camo

RampageHopUps said:
You are supposed to say:
"Just running half speed on grass, taking it easy".

Thats what all the Baja guys say when they break stuff. Cracks me up.
LOL.... That is what I would say regardless of the brand :D

Racerx

yes, just trying to get the break in thing done,pretty crazy if you ask me. I love the truck though so don't get me wrong and i look forward to some crazy after the break in thing posts

Racerx

yes, sent pics to redcat today noticed exhaust outlets one is down and one is more up the side it melted on, and the rod end of the shock just broke off inside the cylinder right where the locknut goes on to hold the dampner

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts