• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

new website

timberbill11

Supporting Member
Website / Chassis

Doug:

Need an XT CHassis ........... did not find on new site.

Also sent you a message on your site under "contact us" with all my contact info.

Please advise so an order can be placed.

Thanks

Timberbill

Silent_chaos

Hey Doug,

I contacted you last week to place an order on the XB Chassis and the Pinion (from your new website). seems you have a lot of work I understand that.

Some specific questions that i needed to address (also if anyone else can contribute, I'd be thankful):

1) I want to get the black XB Chassis, but from the pics, isn't 10mm a bit overkill? I mean, the stock chassis is already heavy; I do not know the 10mm's weight compared to the 4 mm stock. can you please advise us on that?

2) a)the Pinion that you are displaying, isn't it the same that is found inside the Diff Housing?

I had a lot of trouble in the past with that pinion getting broken, had to order the Housing Combo from your website (ordered last week to Quebec from old website) because apprarently the chassis along with the housing kept flexing and making the gears beat eachother.

The question is, that you have displayed the Width and the Teeth number on the checkout.

b)what does (in terms of function/durability/stablity/speed) the Width help in?

c)if let's say, I have increased the width, should I need to have further modifications(in other adjacent areas) for other parts to fit perfectly according to the width?

d) also, does the pinnion teeth increase top Speed/Torque? if yes, what would be a setup if I want to have both a better torque and a better high end from the of the stock?

Thanks

Ol' fart

1. The chassis is 10mm thick at it thickest point. It is hollowed out. At it's thinnest point it is 1.5 mm thick. The ribs are 10mm X 4mm and that is what minimizes the flex. The stock chassis is 1 lb 13.7 oz, mine is 1 lb 10.4 oz

The chassis is 6061 and the front and rear inserts are 7075, 5mm thick so at it's weakest point it is much stronger than the 4mm 6061 that the stock chassis uses.

2. The pinion gear in the Diff housing is a bevel gear. My pinion gear has straight teeth and is for my motor mount only.

B. My gears are a little wider than stock. This only helps with wear and life of the gear.

C. you don't need to worry about other areas, the gear width is the same on all my gears

D. That's a big question. First off you can not mix my gears with stock gears. Stock gears are steel and they will destroy my aluminum/Delrin gears.

The gears have a huge impact on torque and speed. You need to look at the KV of your motor and the number of cells you are running AND the size of your tires. You want to start off with low gear setup and increase the gear ratio until you motor and ESC start to run warm. If things get hot to the touch then you are over geared and you will destroy your motor/ESC.

If you change your motor KV or you tire diameter, start all over again.

One big advantage to my motor mount set-up is you have a wide range of gears to chose from( fourteen), stock has only two.

Silent_chaos

1. Noted. I'll definitely get the Chassis.

2. Noted.

B. The 8mm is the best then.

C. Noted.

D. I have the Xb with the stock 30cc Motor, CPI pipe, wt-990 Carb and use the Rear Trencher Desperado Tires.

Let's say I want to keep the gears inside the Diff house as Stock (steel); but for the motor, use your proposed 8mm Al. gears. Since I can't mix steel with Aluminum, How many 8mm gears I need to order in order for the Gears of the motor to be all pure Aluminum? one or two?

and by your vast experience, would using 13T be a good setup if I want to have both a slight better torque and a slight better high end from the stock?

Thanks

Ol said:
1. The chassis is 10mm thick at it thickest point. It is hollowed out. At it's thinnest point it is 1.5 mm thick. The ribs are 10mm X 4mm and that is what minimizes the flex. The stock chassis is 1 lb 13.7 oz, mine is 1 lb 10.4 oz The chassis is 6061 and the front and rear inserts are 7075, 5mm thick so at it's weakest point it is much stronger than the 4mm 6061 that the stock chassis uses.

2. The pinion gear in the Diff housing is a bevel gear. My pinion gear has straight teeth and is for my motor mount only.

B. My gears are a little wider than stock. This only helps with wear and life of the gear.

C. you don't need to worry about other areas, the gear width is the same on all my gears

D. That's a big question. First off you can not mix my gears with stock gears. Stock gears are steel and they will destroy my aluminum/Delrin gears.

The gears have a huge impact on torque and speed. You need to look at the KV of your motor and the number of cells you are running AND the size of your tires. You want to start off with low gear setup and increase the gear ratio until you motor and ESC start to run warm. If things get hot to the touch then you are over geared and you will destroy your motor/ESC.

If you change your motor KV or you tire diameter, start all over again.

One big advantage to my motor mount set-up is you have a wide range of gears to chose from( fourteen), stock has only two.

Ol' fart

OK, I assumed you had an XBE because Pinion gears are not used on a gas car.

You can change the gears a little on a gas car on the gear plate but those are factory parts or you can go with a belt drive from RC Pitstop. I think he has different ratio's now.

Silent_chaos

Ok, waiting for that chassis. I hope it can be shipped to Lebanon.

also, it would be very cool if you can add on your products:

-light aluminum Rear/Front Lower Suspension arms

-Aluminum Steering Links

-powerful front and rear stabilizer bars

Ol said:
OK, I assumed you had an XBE because Pinion gears are not used on a gas car.You can change the gears a little on a gas car on the gear plate but those are factory parts or you can go with a belt drive from RC Pitstop. I think he has different ratio's now.

Ol' fart

I think we can ship to Lebanon but have never tried before.

We make an aluminum steering arm setup now and we will soon have aluminum suspension arms in regular and extra wide(+ one inch)

G

we will soon have aluminum suspension arms in regular and extra wide(+ one inch)
That's really cool. What will be used for the CVDs / Dogbones?

Silent_chaos

that means, new wider steering links, wider upper suspension arms and wider CVDs, and uhm...Taller shocks?

Ol said:
I think we can ship to Lebanon but have never tried before. We make an aluminum steering arm setup now and we will soon have aluminum suspension arms in regular and extra wide(+ one inch)

G

Shocks are plenty long. You can use the 7075RC shock tower to move the upper mounting location outward.

The upper links would only need a longer turnbuckle.

Ol' fart

Ok the "stock" ones are just that, stock length. You'll have six locations for the shock mount and they are 7075 aluminum. Available soon.

The "extra wide" will be the arms I'll be using for 7075rc's first stand alone car, the SCAR. They will fit on the X series of Redcat cars so Ill sell them to those who want them. Of course I'll have all the extra wide drive component's available too. "extra wide" will add almost 3 inchs to the width of your ride.

Available early next year.

XBENOOB

Cool... I like the name SCAR...

Hey Ol'Fart...

Other than Stand alone CAR.. Is the SCAR a reference to:

A) What it will to to the competition

B) The slight impact it will have on the buyers wallet

C) The impact it will have on your mental health when you have to fulfill all those orders...

D) all of the above...

lol....

Last edited by a moderator:
G

I can't wait to see all the awesome new builds this will produce!

Silent_chaos

Doug, will you be able to update the site and include the black chassis before Black friday? :D

Silent_chaos

Just received the front and rear Diff housing down my uncle house in Quebec. They look really nice. Well, can't install them since I live in Lebanon, gonna receive it sometime next month.

looking forward to order the xb chassis from the new website and ship it down here

Silent_chaos

Silent_chaos said:
Just received the front and rear Diff housing down my uncle house in Quebec. They look really nice. Well, can't install them since I live in Lebanon, gonna receive it sometime next month.looking forward to order the xb chassis from the new website and ship it down here in Leb
here are some of the pics

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts