• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

new website

rampage idiot

Doug website is looking better now, hope it is working out for you! The only comment I would make is that you should move the numbers to change pages down to the bottom of the page, yes I have made a few webpages over the years

rampage idiot

Sergio said:
so whats the difference on the new xb chassis and the servo mount thanks
The servo mount moves the servo forward enough for the 7075 steering setup without having to flip the servo

rampage idiot

Silent_chaos said:
does anybody have the phone number of Doug? I'm trying to contact him via emails but he can't be reached.
He must be away he has not been on here at all! send him a PM he seems to respond to those the quickest

Silent_chaos

he was away for a vacation, but came back to business on Tuesday. but after that cant get a hold of him

Killerbuzz

I've been trying to contact him for the past week .. he answered my emails twice and then went quiet ..

the problem is I bought my car from my friend and it had 7075rc housing, spur and pinion.

before i used the car i inspected everything .. found that the pinion was loose so i tightened it as hard I can.. (didn't have threadlock) and wanted to try the car.. first 10 mins then the car stopped .. checked it .. found that the spur gear was stripped and the pinion moved and got loose again.

went and bought the original spur gear and found that it wont work with 7075rc housing because the distance between the spur gear and the pinion is different from the original holder.

contacted doug .. and kept waiting ...

now I bought Kershaw motor mount (which is available in my hobby store)+original spur gear mount to be able to use the original spur gear.

I like 7075rc products but it's taking along time to order anything .. hopefully this will change after the vacation because I planning to buy the bearing holders/Diffs and maybe non flex chassis

Silent_chaos

so you were using original spur gear with 7075 pinion?

if so, will I have the same issue if original spur and original pinion were used?

Killerbuzz

No .. I was using Doug's spur gear .. you can't use the original spur gear with 7075rc housing and motor mount

Now I'm using the original spur gear+mount with kershaw motor mount

Last edited by a moderator:

Silent_chaos

From what I know, the 7075RC diff gear housing is just an upgrade of the stock plastic. (also, the housing comes with Shims to adjust gears, maybe the seller forget to provide you with those)

so if you keep everything as stock (including spur and pinion) and just upgrade the housing, it would work just fine.

I have read the forums and nobody had a similar issue with it.

also, Doug would have notified us prior that you would have to get other parts to make this change

Killerbuzz

you are talking about the diff housing and I'm talking about the center spur gear housing they are two different things ... regarding the spur gear housing and motor mount I tried everything .. there is no way you can run the original spur gear with original pinion .. because the distance between the centers of these gears can be adjusted to a limit .. and with the shortest distance .. you still have a gap of 1-1.5mm between the spur and the pinion .. I'm sure the 7075rc mount is designed for 44-48T spur gears not less than that .. and the original spur gear is 41T.

Silent_chaos

oh I see. yeah makes sense. just make sure that both are from the same material.

if one is metal and the other is Aluminum, the metal would eat the Aluminum in less than 5 mins

Ol' fart

Ya, thats right about the gear material. My stuff only works with my stuff. I am working on a 48T SS gear that will work with hardened pinion gears out there. This is for the CC 2028 type motors on 8c's

I am getting killed with small problems as of late and it hurting my shipping responce times.

Someone did a smash and grab at my shop just before I went on vacation.

They got a couple of thousand worth of Redcat parts.... when I got back my computer system was down....just now getting all the orders straightened out. Got an alarm system installed and guess what... it dosn't work. But they did manage to wipe out my network connection at work so I'm at home with the only computer I have out of six that works trying to fill orders with all the parts at work..... That's what I get for going on vacation.

Anyway, I'll get it straightened out ASAP

rampage idiot

Ol said:
Ya, thats right about the gear material. My stuff only works with my stuff. I am working on a 48T SS gear that will work with hardened pinion gears out there. This is for the CC 2028 type motors on 8c's I am getting killed with small problems as of late and it hurting my shipping responce times.

Someone did a smash and grab at my shop just before I went on vacation.

They got a couple of thousand worth of Redcat parts.... when I got back my computer system was down....just now getting all the orders straightened out. Got an alarm system installed and guess what... it dosn't work. But they did manage to wipe out my network connection at work so I'm at home with the only computer I have out of six that works trying to fill orders with all the parts at work..... That's what I get for going on vacation.

Anyway, I'll get it straightened out ASAP
That really sucks! nothing worse than a thief! Hope you get it back up and running soon.

Killerbuzz

sorry to hear that .. I'll be waiting for you when you get back on track :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts