• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

New to RC buggy's Questions

recsx

Hello people, I am new to RC buggy's and have a few questions.

I just purchased a 1/5 Scale Rampage Dune Runner 4x4 and have set it up to the best of my skills. My problem is that the unit did not come with much documentation on the part of Maintenance and things to be aware of.

I've searched high and low on Google for Maintenance documentation or guides to no avail. Does anyone have a list of things that needs to be done on a regular schedual? like do I have to loob the CV joints? do I have to loob bearings? do I have to clean out the Clutch and the Gears every now and then? so on and so forth?.

Like! there does not seem to be many alerts out there for things you have to do, I don't want to learn the hard way to find out later on that I should have done this or should have done that!. :(

Thanks. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

andyken

After every run check for loose stuff, wheels/nuts bolts.

A air hose is good for clean up.

Air filter maint is a must for engine life.

Outerwear filters help, the fan that cools the engine also sucks dirt/grass into the engine.

A pull start and air filter outerwear will help.

The stock gear plate off the motor is weak, pull the cover off once in a while and check for slop.

Usually a bearing will fail and melt the plate before you notice it.

G

White lithium is good lubricant for gears.

You can grease your drive cups and CVDs, but you will have to install boots to hold the grease in. It would just fling out otherwise.

A good cleaning is alway great maintenance.

And like andyken stated, keep your air filter maintained! You will want to upgrade it if you haven't yet. The stocker is not quite up to par.

Invest in a kill switch! A 30lb runaway car is a nightmare.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts