• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

New to gas. Storage question

BillH

Where do you all store them when not in use? If inside do you need to clean the tank to get rid of the smell? I gotta tell ya the wife is alittle worried lol.

Thanks Bill

BertR

I keep my truck in the house! I empty the tank and clear the carb after every use and it never smells up from fuel.Just don't get any on the chassis and you will be fine.

alfred e numan

after you drain the gas tank and clear the carb, get a paper towel- twist it into a sorta rod shape, stick the end down into the gas tanks lowest spot- where the filter is- soak up the gas you pumped outta the carb- this will help with the smell quite a lot, keep the better half from saying- i have a head ache dear. either the car -or me.

alfred e numan

yea, about january every ones getting cabin fever- 15 days left in january- febuary is the shortest month of the year- march will arrive like a lion- a good chinook wind- fevers over. yea, its a good idea to cover the stinger up with a piece of plastic-rubberband- cover the airfilter with a baggie too- that will be a big help also.

Cajun

dam I realy need to empty my tank been sitting in garage for about a month with half tank of gas in it

rampagemt

The darksoul quick disconnects are nice for clearing the lines. And I store all mine in my room in my house with gas in tanks and that's 6 tanks and I ain't got no smell at all

Trip..

Live alone then you don't have to answer to anyone! Damn it's just so simple!

I never have to ask for permission, hell I'm a grown ass man, why should I have to ask if it's OK to do something? I pay the bills, if she doesn't like what I do, there's the road and don't let the door hit ya...

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts