• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

new to 1/5 gas

jsrampagext

Hey everyone i am new to the 1/5 scale gas rc, but not to the rc world. I just recently bought a rampage xt, and let me tell you i am actually happy with it and the price, just needs some tweaking. So i have a few questions, 1 what mods, or improvements are you guys doing to these? 2 How do you store these, i know nitros need after run oil, and how do you get the gas out of the carb. 3 I have one tank through this and notice it has a bad wobble to it and mid range speed, just wondering if anyone else had this issue. Any input would be appricated

andyken

Welcome.

A mt gear plate [larger bearings] or allum plate is a good upgrade.

Get a killer b engine kill switch!

A run away 1/5 scale can be a lot worse than a nitro....

Check out the sponsor links on the left of the page.

Check all set screws [and locktite]

And order outer wears, and new rubber sealed bearings.

rampagemt

Re: new to 1/5 gas

You will need 7075 bearing holders on all 4s as the stock bearings can't handle it as there to small the 7075 holders is the way to go

jsrampagext

Ok i am planning in getting the killer bee, i have had a nitro run away and iy suxks, can only imagine something this size. I also do need a new gear plate as mine has a crack in it. I will also look into the larger bearing holders, thanks for the advice, glad i decided to get a gasser.

andyken

If it has a crack, I'd wait for a new plate before running!

I had a set screw loosen up on the shaft with the brakes on it.

Cracked the plate in half....and took the teeth off all the gears.

jsrampagext

Well its in the bottom left corner ( as your looking at the truck) was planning on ordering a 8k clutch spring, so will just get a new plat and go from there. Also anyone else had any shaking problem, tryimg to figure it out, but just doing some trial and error and enjoying this monster lol

Ildy666

Welcome to the forum.the tires shake quit abit so that could be ur wobble.also make sure all cups are tight and check ur wheel nuts.if i were u i check all the set screws and nuts and bolts.these r all mass produced so u never no what ur getting.good luck......

jsrampagext

yeah i did all tha checked all that, also had alot of play where the spindles go to the a arms put a washer in between it and fixed some slop, and run it again today and its alot better, just trying to figure these big machines out lol, but so far very happy i decided to go big :D

rampagemt

Re: new to 1/5 gas

Ildy666 said:
Did u ever c a losi 5t up close?makes the redcats look like 1/8 scale.
No I haven't but I will be soon once I order it in a month as works giving me a bonus so I'm getting myself something nice

cherryride

rampagemt said:
No I haven't but I will be soon once I order it in a month as works giving me a bonus so I'm getting myself something nice
lucky,lucky,lucky! =)

thats my next car i think,unless they come out with a new 4 wheel drive hpi baja!

BertR

The Mt plate is always a good upgeade! !! It uses larger bearings and dump out the fuel and then prime the bulb till its empty. Dump that out and then pull a few times to make sure the carb is clear.I do this after every run

bob c.

Welcome to the forum...with the upgrades everyone has told you about and a 990 carb its a beast of a truck..have fun with it

blak__jak

i use this on my m/t and d/r and love it.

http://www.davesmotors.com/cc253

that losi 5b without the body isn't any bigger than an m/t. you can mount an xsc body on an m/t and it will be just as big as a 5b. not that there is anything wrong with a 5b i'd like to have one but my o'le lady would kill me if she found out that i spent 1200 bucks on a toy. with a redcat i can show her that i got it for half that price and saved 600. she doesn't have to know what i spent on upgrades and i'd be upgrading the 5b too and that could really get ugly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts