• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

New Rims and Tires

Aundre3000

Whats up guys!! Thinking about get new rims and tires for my TT next week going with Proline Bow-Tie Front or the Proline Trencher Front Tires Mounted on Split Six Wheels. Front tires all the way around.

What do you all think?

What about adaptter for these wheels?

Deluge

Why fronts all the way around? Seems like they'd be a bit narrow for the application. To mount them all you need is two sets of Baja rear hubs.

stalker77

Ive seen the front all around on a tt before. That would be my preference. I think they look awesome like that!

G

As far as tires go. I think the trenchers are a little taller. Both are great tires.

67chevl

Why not use the 23mm that Proline has and make some of the larger 1/8 scale tires useable on the 1/5 scale trucks/buggies?

67chevl

Has anyone tried the RC4WD Mud Slingers? Had them on a Savage XL and they held up great. Never had a problem or tore any rubber.

Last edited by a moderator:

alfred e numan

new tires from grp

Heres 2 photos of 1/6 scale GRP tires-foam. I read-tell that the long pin tires-tyres are used on astroturf tracks in the U.K. comes in 3 compounds - they trim- cut the pins to fit - no idea about the tire in the other photo.

PISTOL PETE

67chevl said:
Has anyone tried the RC4WD Mud Slingers? Had them on a Savage XL and they held up great. Never had a problem or tore any rubber.
savage xl is a third the weight, its like putting stampede wheels on your savage, it will roll but just wont hold up very long

PISTOL PETE

Aundre3000 said:
Whats up guys!! Thinking about get new rims and tires for my TT next week going with Proline Bow-Tie Front or the Proline Trencher Front Tires Mounted on Split Six Wheels. Front tires all the way around.What do you all think?

What about adaptter for these wheels?
not 100% on this so guys feel free to chime in. i don't know about the prolines but the hpi fronts are not designed to take the centrifical force that the rears can handle if your tire leaves the ground and expands while your on the throttle. the rear tires have alot more sidewall thickness and the fronts are made to just roll along. i would think you would have blow outs constantly running all fronts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts