• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

new REDCAT 2.4 radio 3ch for XB going down

phreerider

most unexpected, heavyweight HV servo dropped, < 20 hrs .

fresh lipo2S 7.4 hooked , switched ON. sets itself. fired it up .....but no steer.

back up goes on, stock redcat....had to resolider signal wire on the board, now all solid.

the 6V NiMH 2500 stock battery back in rotation. ...second servo dropped on 7.4v run.

..hmm?

G

Make sure your end points are set. If the servo is pushing against the stop it will burn out quickly.

phreerider

oh yeah after center is set, throw limits are set.

not sure whats up....turned it on, everything set to center....popped the motor on...no steer!

stock redcat still solid , pulled about 6hours over weekend no troubles

phreerider

Red Cat and Hitec warranty action!

this is update on this thread

totally stoked! REDCAT delivered ultra quick on warranty action for Rx and throttle servo. BIG THANKS!

ALSO premature failure on premium HV servo by HITEC also brings supreme warranty action and delivered fresh goods cat quick. straight forward and quick reply. definitely the right upgrade direction...i have some of their servos almost 2 decades old still delivering!

amazing service by both and to give a point of experience... only a couple weeks to make full circle fresh goods...but hobbyking is a different story!! had to sic the paypal dogs on them to get my $ back and there cus.service is a joke. i buy junk from alot different folks and hobby king is one to avoid... imho.

phreerider

update on the Hitec servo, got fresh goods installed and stock is out of the rotation.

this is the steering servo stock v. hitec 5765 HV.

the stock output shaft got sloppy but still decent back up. pull 40 +hrs glitch free and i may reduce slop on mechanics when i open it up to see points of failure, may just rebush and keep it moving.

the HItec HV is one tight unit though, wow i can take the rate/EPA down to 1/3 less than stock and still get good turn response and quick!

Futaba Tx/Rx has been flawless ....ZERO glitches!

2s lipo in rotation and definitely choice on the Rx/servo juice. never have seen pack last so long. rotating the 6v 2500 and 7.4v 4200 almost a month on only one charge each. the 6v seems to drag out the Volt drop a bit and can be stretched.

very happy with the set up ...

bearing duty cycle just around the corner

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts