• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

New Rampage MT Pro & need lower gears

RedneckRedcat

Just got a MT Pro from Davesmotors. To the point: awesome, it has the four metal gears I assume is V4. Anyhow, great. However, It is already arranged 25T, 35T, 25T, 25T. Id like to stick with metal gear drive but really want it slower with higher torque. Hoping for 25-50% slower if possible. Anyone know whats interchangeable from the other Rampages or what gears to buy....hoping to buy anyway. Thanks for your time -Scott

Dreggsta

Go to redcatracing.com. Look up your truck & then the online manual for it. There are exploded view diagrams that list the p/n's towards the front & near the back are the parts. There's even a search box in the online manual.

G

Hoping for 25-50% slower if possible.
Your setup is currently the lowest ratio. A smaller diameter wheel would lower the final ratio farther. 50% slower your almost talk'n crawler speeds.

Redcat has a v4 out ?
Still the same. All the 5th scales have metal gears.

RedneckRedcat

Thanks for the help guys. Version 4, I'm not sure but the web page here says V4 & the metal gears. http://www.largescalerc.com/newrampagemt4x4monstertruckartr-23cc-version2.aspx

Nowhere on the box, model or papers with my MT does it say version #.

Thanks Dreggsta, that will be much better than using a magnifying glass with my single page manual. Will be printing that off.

I still wanna go fast. If ya ain't first, you're last! I picked up some Dominator tires for it at RC4WD, quarter scale rims at Bishops Racing. The 9.5" diameter should be good for about 20% faster than the 8" originals. Would like about 50% less gear ratio to compensate for tires and improve torque. Nice if a blip of throttle would lighten the front end up.

Dreggsta

Haha we think alike. I can't remember what gears are in the center, front & rear diffs but take a look. There might be some lower gear offerings.

G

There have been a few minor changes since the V3. You will see it called different versions. Redcat calls it a V3.

RedneckRedcat

Going for a Monster Jam type truck. I love the cumbersome giants. Dominator tires seem well built & the BRP wheels flexible. View attachment 6049 FG Ford F150 body & tires just blocked into place...a few minutes after unboxing. View attachment 6050

tires.JPG

truck.JPG

tires.JPG

truck.JPG

/monthly_2013_03/tires.JPG.d987e539809277ce36d08df4e8cc4d6c.JPG

/monthly_2013_03/truck.JPG.5b57fec9fa3250c5b22d7f18b2702772.JPG

G

Those are huge! Too cool!

rampagemt

Re: New Rampage MT Pro & need lower gears

If you want a tiny bit more torque , get the 24 and 36 mcd gears . Best you can do

G

rampagemt said:
Where can I get tires like that? I would like to get those for my mt so if you could a link plz
Makes me want to go larger also! :D

G

andyken said:
I think there is a 26-24 gear for the c-d gears?
From MCD there is, but the metal ones will be pricey. He needs like a 5-55. LOL

rampagemt

Re: New Rampage MT Pro & need lower gears

The mt is better slower anyways as its heavy as shut with those tires as is. Those would just be nasty kewl specially with that 36 cc. And those big ol tires wooo hey rcdad you got that motor and one sweet setup. Do it too lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts