• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

New kit

Bhopp

Hey guys, I thinking of selling my hpi baja 5b and buy a dunerunner. I already have a rampage xb and it runs good but I noticed the ground clearance wasn't as good as the mt or dunerunner. And I like my hpi but it harder to drive with power and it not much better than my xb, ( far as breakages) had to put money in it the same as with the xb. Any advice is welcome! What the pros & cons and the speed capability.

G

The speed will be comparable to the XB out of the box. They are tough and more durable than the XB out of the box.

You are correct, 4WD is much easier to drive, when on the throttle. :)

Bhopp

thanks for your feed back, but what would really help is if redcat didnt have, I guess drive train resistance. I think your losing so much trying to turn all though gears, but the plus is, it slow down easy without touching brake for transitions on tight courses. Thats my only super small issue other than ground clearance which wont be a problem if get a new kit (dr).

G

Bhopp said:
thanks for your feed back, but what would really help is if redcat didnt have, I guess drive train resistance. I think your losing so much trying to turn all though gears, but the plus is, it slow down easy without touching brake for transitions on tight courses. Thats my only super small issue other than ground clearance which wont be a problem if get a new kit (dr).
The Cats do have a very inefficient drivetrain, especially when compared to the HPI Baja. Every time you change the direction of your rotational energy you loose some of it.

That is one of the reasons the Baja will stand up and wheelie and the cats will not.

Silent_chaos

Bhopp said:
You can always get a high ground clearance if you upgrade your shock towers to a more taller ones and get longer shocks. MT shocks will do fine.

check 7075RC and contact Doug, he will get you that ground clearance you are searching for.

"Rampage Idiot" already made a full built thread. you might wanna check it.

G

The best way to add ground clearance is to just run taller tires. It makes a nice difference.

You can run a 5t sized tire instead of a 5b sized tire. These are "T" sized tires.

Last edited:

Bhopp

Thanks guys, I'm getting 5t wheels and a truck body my xb and last will Probly be 2spd for it, now that I have the right gear ratio. But I don't know if I want to make a 5t out of the dunerunner or just buy the mt and do a wheel change and get a belt drive or should I try something else.

phreerider

RCDAD said:
The Cats do have a very inefficient drivetrain, especially when compared to the HPI Baja. Every time you change the direction of your rotational energy you loose some of it. That is one of the reasons the Baja will stand up and wheelie and the cats will not.
always wondered why no one never mentioned that, pretty obvious in design.

it why losi is king, cats drop juice at every direction change in the driveline

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts