• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

new head for HY 30.5 engine

carp boyz

Banned
Hi

looking for a new head for a HY 30.5 engine,previous owner stripped out one of the header bolts,engine is barely broken in yet and it's a strong runner

I'll eventually get an OBR for the MT but for now I might as well use this engine

I tried locating one but all I'm finding is CY heads

can someone point me in the right direction where I can order one of these heads

thanks in advance

G

You could permanently install a stud in the stripped hole then hold the header on with a nut. JB Weld works good. The stud will never come out. That way you could get the remaining life out of that engine.

carp boyz

Banned
RCDAD said:
You could permanently install a stud in the stripped hole then hold the header on with a nut. JB Weld works good. The stud will never come out. That way you could get the remaining life out of that engine.
there's an idea,never thought of it,thanks

but I wonder if the stud will hold properly and/or not back in or out,the stud almost slides in without screwing it in :confused:

G

It works good. I've had to do it. The stud will never come out. JB Weld will keep it in.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts