• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

New Engine

noyb98098

Ok, so the stock 23cc has served me well but after seeing all of these vid's with better engines has mad me re-consider my original position which was just being happpy with the stock and the Sprint77 Dom:). So I ask, what engines should I look at, I'm not trying to get the fastest thing since I have the G270 ESP Ported Zenoah 4-Bolt in my baja with a rear dom and that thing is STOOPID fast. But I'm just looking for more a nice mixture of power and speed while staying around 300$ (if possible) since I just drop some serious bucks into my MCD project:D. Any thoughts from you guys would be great.

Thanks!

aussie

hi mate

iv just got and recieved all my trevor simpson billet engine parts.

big bore billet ported head kit,ts adjustble fan/ignition cover,ts billet cases,2 mm stroker crank and tgn torque pipe,lightened fly wheel,ngk iridium plug.

should go bloody hard i hope.

but more than the $ 300 range you want to spend.

cheers

glen

chucked

I have the ddm race port 26.9 top end on mine and it runs awesome. about $80

kryptonite

i have a ddm ported 26.9 and a non ported 28.5.. if your running an mt, the 28.5 should be great.

noyb98098

Sounds good Krypt...Although I couldnt help myself once I saw the kits.. :D Would this be over kill? http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.4169/.f Although my current setup is "slow" I don't have any issues with breaking drivetrain parts.. But I'm assuming the drive cup holders I got from Largescale should do their part if I do go with this head kit. Also, I've never done a head kit replacement before, the one time I tried on my baja I ended up not having those piston pliers and I couldnt get those darn pins off so I gave up. And I see that daves is once again out of stock on them, is there another tool that I can use instead? Also, will I need any other special parts for this head kit replacement? Thanks!

Clubin

Banned
noyb98098 said:
Sounds good Krypt...Although I couldnt help myself once I saw the kits.. :D Would this be over kill? http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.4169/.f Although my current setup is "slow" I don't have any issues with breaking drivetrain parts.. But I'm assuming the drive cup holders I got from Largescale should do their part if I do go with this head kit. Also, I've never done a head kit replacement before, the one time I tried on my baja I ended up not having those piston pliers and I couldnt get those darn pins off so I gave up. And I see that daves is once again out of stock on them, is there another tool that I can use instead? Also, will I need any other special parts for this head kit replacement? Thanks!
I just use a pick to get the c-clips out once removed they are junk and I use a small common tuning screw driver to re install the c-clips.

I wouldn't suggest that kit, I would stay with the stock stroke and a ported 28.5, I have a couple DDM's and one O'Neill Brothers. Physically they are identical. I think you would be very happy with the 28.5cc bb kit.

hamster huey

Best bang for the buck under $300: ported head kit w/reed. Non stroked. You install. DDm ported, Oneil brothers proted, esp ported.

Piranha2

Contributor
Wow Moo, that arm looks short on the Rhino.....do you have enough throw without the ball links hitting the servo case? And gheesh, you think you would have a better exhaust than paper towel :D

aussie

sorry to but in on your thread noyb,

hi moo,

gees i was hoping the ts reed cases would fit,dam!!

are you sure mate ??

if they wont fit,will the ts engine fit a fg or mcd mt truck then ??

hope so,its a killer of a engine thats for sure!!

also r.e your brake and throttle position rod, mine are in reverse spot to yours .

my brake is where your thottle link is !!

is this way you have them better ??

what are the advantages/disadvantages ??

thanks

glen

kryptonite

i think thats a sick set-up, no doubt. i like the smaller displacement mills myself, but that esp modded 30.5 should really cut the grass

BIRDOFPREY

thanks alot for the feedback this is by far not my first R/C but it is my first redcat and I have been out of it for a couple years. I am going all out on this one so if there is any parts upgrade or something I should do please let me know!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts