• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

New Desert Rat Proline Body

Trickle007

Contributor
desertRat2.jpg

desertRat.jpg

Just received my new body today going to paint it this weekend. I will add pictures of the finished project.

G

Cool...

Look forward to pics of it painted.

Trickle007

Contributor
GTS 666 said:
Sweet. What color are you going to paint it or is it a surprise.
White and Blue, I was thinking of making the whole car white with blue pin stripes (like a yankees jersey) with a big NY on the hood (I am a huge Yankees fan). But know after thinking about it I don't want a pin stripped car. So know I am thinking NY on the hood and two toned color scheme on the body just have not figured out a design I was to go with. Any way I will liquid mask it today and go from there.

Trickle007

Contributor
Well I am no Picaso but 80% finished

IMAG0261.jpg

IMAG0260.jpg

well I need to spray the protectant coating yet, add some labels and remove the tape I used for reference for racing stripe down the middle. All and all I am pleased being this is my 1st paint job, but I made a few rookie mistakes i removed the masking before the blue was completly dry by the hood. Not terrible but i can notice so pisses me off a little lol.

Finished product to come soon!

and Rampageenwife I do believe that body RCDAD is selling is the same as mine.

G

Cool design. Great job for your first one. Don't beat yourself up. Looks awesome. No one can see any tiny flaws when they're in your dust!

Look forward to seeing it mounted!

Deluge

Wow. I can see where you messed up, and I have to say it looks like garbage. :eek:

Kidding! It looks good, dude! :D Looking forward to seeing it mounted.

Trickle007

Contributor
I went and bought the more expensive air brush kit that worked very nice for fine detail like the blue. I did use the other air brush kit to spray the white and it worked great.

Ildy666

I was thinking the same thing.i tried our set and it sprayed wide.so i was going to get the single spray gun for detail.

Trickle007

Contributor
All Done

IMAG0264.jpg

IMAG0267.jpg

IMAG0272.jpg

Well pretty much done, just need to drill holes for body mount. I have a question though how did you guys who have this body mount the rear body mount? My rear posts wil not reach through the body cause the middle rear section of the body rests on the body mount cross beam.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts